Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Larry and I worked the GCO booth together on Sunday, July 15th and had a great time (I can only speak for myself Larry :wink: ).

Discussion came up about various ways of carrying and the laws here in GA. A gentleman visiting the booth was talking about how he lives in Gwinnett and that a person is able to OC without a GFL. I corrected him according to OCGA 16-11-128 and informed him that under this section you must obtain a GFL before carrying, regardless of openly or concealed and that our law was not the same as Virginias.

Larry and I talked about this after the gentleman left and made a bet on this.

I, wsweeks 2, am stating that you can NOT OC without a GFL.

Larryg2 is stating that you CAN OC without a GFL.

We decided to put up a poll and see what everyone on here feels and to decide who owes who lunch.

*Note - we're not talking about the fact that the 2nd Amendment should be all you need, but based strictly on current GA laws.

·
16,485 Posts
Yes, you can. No one else voted the same way I did, though it appears everyone has the same thoughts on the matter. Of course, that's excepting larryg2...

·
Registered
6,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
foshizzle said:
Sure, you can open carry without a GFL.

You'll just go to jail because it's illegal.
How did I know that you would be one of the ones to come up with this?

Great meeting you - now go shoot your fo-tay.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Yes you can if you are hunting or fishing.

·
69,743 Posts
http://www.georgiapacking.org/GaCode/?t ... ection=128
(a) A person commits the offense of carrying a pistol without a license when he has or carries on or about his person, outside of his home, motor vehicle, or place of business, any pistol or revolver without having on his person a valid license issued by the judge of the probate court . . .

·
69,743 Posts
Unlocked at request of Larryg2. :wink:

Have at it, buddy. Good luck . . .

·
Registered
6,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Malum Prohibitum said:
Unlocked at request of Larryg2. :wink:

Have at it, buddy. Good luck . . .
Bring it on!!!

:lol:

·
Registered
6,127 Posts

1. Yes you can if you are hunting or fishing.
2. You can open carry a non-concealeable firearm (long gun) without a license.
3.You can open carry without a license if you are listed as exempt in 16-11-130.
4. "We are talking about every day carrying". Bill, ole chum....this one never came up!!! :lol:

You owe me lunch......a simple tuna fish sandwich will suffice!!!! :lol: 8) :wink:

·
Registered
5,215 Posts
larryg2 said:
You owe me lunch......a simple tuna fish sandwich will suffice!!!! :lol: 8) :wink:
I thought something smelled fishy about this....

·
Registered
6,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
larryg2 said:

1. Yes you can if you are hunting or fishing.
2. You can open carry a non-concealeable firearm (long gun) without a license.
3.You can open carry without a license if you are listed as exempt in 16-11-130.
4. "We are talking about every day carrying". Bill, ole chum....this one never came up!!! :lol:

I will concede, however the gentleman that started this conversation was claiming that one of Gwinnett's finest advised him to OC without applying for a GFL, as it wasn't necessary under any circumstance.

Let me know what caliber your gun is and I'll even buy "lunch" for the gun as well.

:oops:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts