Lucy Kay McBath plans to take away your Right to own a gun

Discussion in 'GA Laws and Politics' started by 1911, Nov 10, 2018.

1. 1911

1911 7 Year Member

This woman got elected for some strange reason.

LB.jpg

This chick from Illinois plans to take away your Rights to own a gun.

2. Wegahe

Wegahe NRA Instructor

And you're surprised? Why?

3. 1911

1911 7 Year Member

Yes, I am surprised. I think that outside money from Nancy Pelosi and other liberals stole this election.

4. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

5. 82A1

82A1 Member

3 reasons why McBath won:

1. Carpetbagger yankee money.
    2. GOP did not send out door knockers. Thought it was not needed.
    3. Demographics have changed in the 6th district.

We are probably the only Republican voters on our street. The sad thing is McBath may not have met the residency requirements to run for this office.

6. codegeek

codegeek codegeek reincarnate

Her campaign was financed by Everytown. Have fun with that.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2018
  7. 1911

1911 7 Year Member

How did this pro-gun control Delta stewardess win without outside money?

It was rigged.

1911er likes this.
  8. DonT

DonT Deplorable bitter clinger.

4. Karen Handel was a weak candidate who ran a poor campaign.

Adam5 likes this.
  9. Suburbbus

Suburbbus Well-Known Member

Most of the commercials that I saw for her said that she was sponsored by "Everytown for Gun Safety".

10. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

"It was rigged," is what all the Democrats are saying about Kemp's election. Both sides are leaving me shaking my head.

Face it. Your neighbors preferred an anti-gun waitress-in-the-sky to Karen Handel. It is as simple as that.

The "money" was used to amplify her stated position, not hide it. Your neighbors prefer gun control.

Adam5, FinallyFree and hma153 like this.
  11. 82A1

82A1 Member

Absolutely the truth. In addition to Karen Handel's seat flipping Democrat, our State Senator (Fran Millar) also flipped Democrat.

As someone said in a different post, the third rail of politics, gun control, is dead.

12. Mrs_Esterhouse

Mrs_Esterhouse Swollen Member

13. DonT

Lucy McBath getting elected, is what we gun owners should recognize as a "clue" that we may be looking at a more challenging period for gun rights in the nation. However, it's not very clear what consensus there is going to be in Congress for more federal gun control laws. But, Trump may be convinced to agree to something in the interest of "working" with a Democratically controlled House. What we have to watch is, will gun owners care to respond, by more members joining the NRA, SAF, GOA, and state organizations like GeorgiaCarry.org? It's not very clear to me that millenial and younger gun owners will get involved with these kinds of organizations, or that they are even invested in really being proactive in the issue of protecting gun rights in general.

14. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

15. Mrs_Esterhouse

Mrs_Esterhouse Swollen Member

No. Turnout for a midterm was at record levels for both Ds and Rs. Sandy Springs and Dunwoody moms have been turned into NPCs by leftist, anti Trump, anti gun, kids' Facebook groups. The MO is if you don't submit to their group-think, you are excluded and ostracized as a pariah. Centrist voting moms conform to get along and then begin to believe the propaganda. I've seen it time and time again where I live.

16. Phil1979

I expect some Dems to see this as a hot potato. The dissention will be entertaining. Let the worst of the left be the face of the Democrat Party.

moe mensale likes this.
  17. Phil1979

Just read my post above again. Not trying to mock you, Don! Lol

18. DonT

No worries, not taken that way at all.

There is a lot of complacency, since Trump, supposedly friendly to most 2A gun rights, was elected. This is exactly what we should be concerned about, that we will not always have firewalls to stop bad laws. Trump was squishy when confronted by the Parkland massing killings. He could be squishy again, especially if he needs to make a deal with Dems, trading some gun control laws for what he wants.

The NRA has 6 million members, and there really should be 60 million, if gun owners would just wake up. But the threat to gun rights isn't real yet. We the gun rights community have been sounding the alarm for so long, it has perhaps taken the starch out of the gun rights community and recruiting. Obama, after all, didn't accomplish very much in his 8 years on new gun control. If we see serious efforts, bipartisan, on gun control laws, we really need to push for more members in the NRA, GCO, SAF, all of them, and burn up some phone lines. We have challenges ahead, especially if we don't wake up more gun owners to what is going on. These mid terms are a wake up call, that nothing is forever, including GOP majorities.

StarJack and FinallyFree like this.
  19. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

It should but it never will until the Fudds learn their precious 30-30 deer rifle with the 3x9 scope has been deemed a sniper rifle, the shotgun aficionados learn their $20,000 Beretta Giubileo over/unders are weapons of mass destruction and Joe Sixpack finds out his GSG StG 44 (.22LR) is now an assault weapon and all of them are subject to confiscation with prison time and heavy fines. But by then it will be too late. Too bad, so sad.

DonT likes this.