Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
68,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is appropriate that the police chiefs of Atlanta, Philadelphia and Seattle have denounced the NRA's efforts. According to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, Chief Richard Pennington of Atlanta said, "What the gun lobby is doing in Washington is making it harder for me to do my job in Atlanta. Instead of handcuffing law enforcement, we should put political handcuffs on the NRA's lobbyists."

We completely concur.
Link to Macon Telegraph Official Position on the Issue

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hey Chief

It's not the NRA that is making Atlanta a crime ridden hell hole. It's thugs and a politically corrupt police department and a joke of a sheriff's department in Fulton County that even protect its courthouse.

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
Hey Al:

You can't say things like that! I'm shocked. Shocked I say. That wasn't very PC of you. Not very PC at all.

Everybody knows the real problem isn't the thugs and punks, it's all those evil guns.....

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Wasn't Pennington previously from New Orleans? If my memory is correct, it explains alot.

My memory isn't compleatly gone (and worse than I remembered). From his bio:

Richard J. Pennington is Atlanta’s 22nd Chief of Police. ... He began his law enforcement career in the Metropolitan Washington, D.C. Police Department rising to the rank of Assistant Chief. In 1994, he was hired after a national search to become the Chief of Police in New Orleans, LA.

·
Premium Member
8,460 Posts
Lowering the bar meaning cases go before a judge instead of another ATF agent. Also lowering the bar means fines instead of just a warning and then revocation of the FFL.

I really love the fact that the Mayors against legal guns (or something like that) is against the ATF reform which includes fines for minor infractions, but is pushing the sueing of gun dealers and have them settle for a 3rd party monitor that will impose fines if they screw up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts