Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple months ago I asked about Bullseye and @zetor shared a link to the 1979 AMU on Bullseye Pistol Marksmanship at Encyclopedia of Bullseye Pistol. I have since read that book cover to cover and it was certainly eye opening. Thank you so much for sharing it.

I've done a lot of dry practice in the last few months. I am already seeing the results in only a couple range trips. Mostly eliminated any flinch I previously had and I can surprisingly call my shots pretty accurately despite being relatively new at this. In fact, I would say my ability to watch and call is well beyond my ability to manage a consistent grip and trigger pull throughout the firing process. I have a long way to go, but can recognize where I am clearly.

Shooting on the respitory pause has been extremly helpful for bringing in my group on the vertical basis. I'm still working on actually finding my natural point of aim (referenced in Chapter 4) but that is an extremely helpful thing that I had only previously seen mentioned in Albert League's Perfect Pistol Shot Book. I've gone back and re-read that a couple times as well and am working on applying the fundamentals.

Another neat thing is single handed shooting. Not something that is in vogue, but just following the recommendations I can already shoot better one handed than a lot of people do two handed. That's pretty cool.

Anyway, I wanted to share and also to publicly thank you for the the excellent recommendation.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts