Looking something different

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by galvatron, Nov 1, 2010.

1. galvatron

galvatron Member

So I've got the itch for a new pistol, and I'm looking for something different. I don't want a "me too" pistol. The Five Seven is in the lead at the moment. I've got the polymer thing covered, 1911's too. I'm really not into wheel guns. Any other suggestions?

for those who haven't heard the phrase "me too", it goes like this
    I've got a _____________ (fill in the blank)
    Me too (response from other person)
    :banghead:

2. jklotz

jklotz New Member

I just picked up a Sig P225. If you don't know about it, it's an updated version of the P6 German issue police gun. The factory released 1K at the beginning of 2010 before they disassembled the tooling, and there are still a few floating around. There will be no more. It is a great shooting gun, fits my hand perfectly, has that "sig" reliability and quality, and it's something different. Just a thought.

3. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

How about a military surplus gun that USED to be common two generations ago, but is now not so common and is more of a collector's piece?

P-08 Luger?
    C96 "Broomhandle" Mauser?
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Or how about a serious target pistol, like a long-slide 1911? (6" barrel)

Or a serious .22 target pistol. Not a casual target pistol / plinker, but a REAL target pistol made by Walther, Anchutz, Hammerli, Izhmash (high-end Russian target gun), High-Standard (some models), or the S&W model 41.

4. ed4

ed4 Active Member

The 5.7 is neat. I have one. I like odd guns that you don't see all the time like HK P7M8, HK P7PSP was rare until the german police trade-ins came into the market, HK VP70Z one of the first polymer handguns and looks futuristic even today, HK P9S, if you're talking surplus alot of WWII German used weapons are different like the Luger P08, Walther P.38(not the aluminum framed Walther P1), Star model B used by Germany with waffenampts, Polish Radom VIS 35 made under Nazi occupation of Poland, could get Russian(WWII and coldwar)/comblock weapons the CZ52 and different variants of the TT33(Tokerov different model designation by different countries) are almost normal but you can get the Nagant revolver, Russian surplus Makarov and East German surplus Makarov are not real odd in function or design but are odd and fairly rare on the market.

5. galvatron

galvatron Member

I've actually been looking at most of those. I high end .22 would be cool. After the Cartersville show last month, I got the AR15 SBR bug. I will probably picking that up near the end of the month, I need to replace my pre-ban Colt AR15A3.(Merry Christmas to me, and damn you Semper Fi Arms)
    The older military arms have always been interesting, not too many people OC'ing Luger's.......

6. DocMindbender

DocMindbender New Member

Ha! Don't even have it yet and you already got "me too-ed!"

7. Savvy Jack

Savvy Jack Banned

Sure its a wheel gun but read carefully....and it is legal!

http://www.cabelas.com/fryprod-0/produc ... .uts.shtml

8. JiG

JiG Awaiting censure

I've shot a FiveSeven... felt like a very nice CO2 pistol that didn't lose power with each shot.

LeMat is cool. Not everyone has one.

A Kimber KPD... I've never ever seen one in person or know anyone who has one.

9. HydroAuto

HydroAuto GPDO Commonlaw Spouse

How about a P7 (PSP/M8/M13) ?

10. MrMorden

MrMorden New Member

I've been eyeballing this for months. Nobody else should get one, because then mine won't be as unique. ;)

11. Archangel

Archangel Moderator Staff Member

12. galvatron

galvatron Member

I actually picked up a P7 today at AO. So kewl......
    They seemed a little high on the price but I'll check around a little more.

On a side note while I was there poking around I saw a Beretts 92S, decent looking. Picked it up, cycled it. Feild stripped it, then the guy behind the counter almost blew a gasket because I field stripped it......
    I was completely shocked by his response to my inspection of a USED pistol. I asked if this was a new policy or an old one that was never enforced, because I've field stripped dozens of pistols there. After his reaction I asked if he could/would strip it for me and he said he couldn't, company policy. WTH......
    So I nicely put the very low mileage, could have gone home with me then, I'm paying with cash, must have this, 92S down and said thanks and left. (rant off)

13. JiG

JiG Awaiting censure

You remind me of a good one... While not as extreme as the Mateba, he could get one of the Chiappa Rhinos when they come out. Ugly as can be, but overall, I'm impressed with the concept and package (firing from the bottom cylinder like the Mateba thus reducing recoil). Still kind of expensive, but it would be unique enough that very few would have them.

14. DrGlock

DrGlock New Member

Does Kimber still offer the KPD, I don't see it on their website?

15. JiG

JiG Awaiting censure

Probably not. I have an old Kimber catalog around here somewhere with it in it.

[​IMG]

16. ed4

ed4 Active Member

I like different weapons myself. Unfortunately I don't have any pics of my 5.7 but will have to get some. Also don't have any updated pics of my last three USP's I picked up. But here some of my HK's including USP .45 Match, USP .45 Tactical, Mark23, 2 VP70Z's, P7PSP, P7M8, and a few USP's
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. galvatron

galvatron Member

The Chiappa looks interesting, we'll see what "street" pricing is if and when they become available.

18. mountainpass

mountainpass Under Scrutiny