Looking for some help from an experienced reloader

Discussion in 'Ammo' started by coopertrades, Jan 2, 2011.

1. coopertrades

coopertrades New Member

Hello,

I'm new to the board but have been lurking here for a while. I have my GWL and a couple of pistols along with several shotguns. I just picked up a new XD45c and absolutely love shooting it. I'm wondering if there might be somebody who would be willing to share some of their accumulated reloading knowledge with a newbie? I live in East Cobb and work in Sandy Springs. I'm interested in learning the ropes before getting into reloading myself. I've looked at the different options (single-stage, turret, progressive, etc) and have ordered a couple basics books. However, in my mind there would be no better real-world learning experience than getting my hands dirty, learning safety tips, what to look for in used brass, quality control, cranking out some loads, etc. I'm somewhat familiar with shotshell reloading but haven't ventured into metallic as of yet.

In exchange I would obviously be willing to provide some combination of new ammo, empty brass, $$, free labor, etc. Please just let me know if you live on the North side of Atlanta and have any interest in showing me your bench and tools.

Mods...please feel free to place in a different location if more appropriate.

Thanks much!
    Brian

2. Match10

Match10 Active Member

OK... I'm experienced and will be reloading lots soon... What do you what to know and where in East Cobb? PM would be fine.