Looking for reloading supplies around Atlanta

Discussion in 'Ammo' started by XLInfidel, Jan 13, 2011.

1. XLInfidel

XLInfidel New Member

Are there any recommended reloading supply stores around the Atlanta area?

2. TAP

TAP New Member

I buy everything in bulk online to save big $$$. The only time I buy locally is when I am testing a new powder and just want to buy a pound.

Georgia Range and Guns in Forest Park has some supplies.
    Moss Pawn on Jonesboro Rd just south of Forest Park also has supplies.

I know a few others on the northside of ATL also have supplies.

3. Editingfx

Editingfx New Member

Davids Gun Room in Norcross. Bass Pro 85/316 area. Powder Valley online.

4. XLInfidel

XLInfidel New Member

Thanks TAP, I'll check out those two places. Bullets & brass I'll likely buy online, unless I find a good deal locally around the area. However I see that buying powder and primers online generally includes a haz mat fee. If you buy from Midway, there's a $25. haz mat fee + $10. handling fee on top of the cost of the powder. Do you still end up saving when buying powder/primers online with these extra charges, or is it cheaper to buy them locally?

5. Editingfx

Editingfx New Member

You gotta buy in BULK. Last group purchase I made, there was like 35 lbs of powder & 80,000 primers (give or take a handful).

Just "do the math".... PV is selling Winchester (I think) for $26/1000 with free shipping (pay Haz). Gotta order enough to amortize the Haz fee.

6. samurai

samurai New Member

HiCaliber in Holly Springs is carrying a lot of reloading supplies-especially pistol

7. RevolverDan

RevolverDan Active Member

You can also get powder at decent to good prices as gun shows if you don't want to buy 35 lbs at once. Last time I bought primers online I bought about 10k with free shipping b/c I spent over $100. In that case the hazmat fee only added a few bucks per box. Still ended up cheaper than buying locally with taxes and all.