Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friends and I are wanting to get someone to start reloading ammo for us. We will pay you and provide all the supplies. We just don't own the equipment so that is where you come in.

We need:

762x39 for our AK's
223/556 for our AR's
308 for our HK91's/FAL
40 SW for pistols
9mm for pistols

Please let me know what you can do and maybe we can do some business.

404-661-9759
Eric

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
is long as the person is confident in what they are doing and have been doing it for a long time, I'd have no issue signing a release.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
You're better off buying steel cased 7.62x39 like Wolf or Brown Bear. Paying someone to reload it will probably cost more than the price of the steel cased stuff.

·
Registered
631 Posts
"I'd have no issue signing a release"

Hi Sir,

If your firearm comes apart for some reason & you lose a eye & three fingers. Will you feel the same way?

If you check with most serious reloaders, NOT-ONE will reload for you! :(

The smart guy knows any money he makes reloading for you. Will never cover the medical, lawyer costs let alone the fines fom the ATF for makng ammo for sale with out a lic & liability insurance!
If you have three or four guys you can pool your cash -buy the equipment & do it yourself!

I have helped others to reload, they used my equipment at first & I was there to help them.
" IF" something did get made in error they can only blame themselfs.

I have helped at least 12 guys & one lady to reload & thank the heavens no one has ever had a KA-BOOM! :righton:

Please use a reloading book. Never invent loads yourself. Go to You-tube & watch a few vidios to see if you & your shooting pals can handle it.

We had a guy at the local range that said he knew all about reloading. :shattered: He was BANNED for life after the third firearm self destructed! :screwy:
He felt the reloading book was "Just a general guide" he loaded some rounds three full grains over MAX!
He only fired ONE ROUND! He needed a new barrel, slide handgrips & extractor!
I'm here to tell you that a well made SAKO 7 mm Mag will fuse itself together, after shearing the safety lug off, if not loaded correctly. :shock: :shattered:

Good luck ,
boomhandle

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am not looking for the most powerful loads, honestly just the regular loads. We are just going out to a friends property to shoot.

I don't think it would be illegal if we provided our own supplies and they assisted us with the reloading. We would only be paying them for their time and assistance.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Hi Sir,

Good luck to you in any event!

Battery powered scales will give false readings, if the battery is low! Always buy a scale that plugs int to the wall.
Buy a set of check weights. A old style beam balance scale is still a very accurate scale.

Best,
broom

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
pikapp168 said:
I am not looking for the most powerful loads, honestly just the regular loads. We are just going out to a friends property to shoot.

I don't think it would be illegal if we provided our own supplies and they assisted us with the reloading. We would only be paying them for their time and assistance.
if he showed you and you loaded would be fine. if you drop off supplies and leave its illegal.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Hi All,

I hate to rain on reloading for someone else & making a few $

Just a word to the wise. About five years ago a guy over at the Cast Boolit reloading site posted his experiance with reloading for someone.....(A pal ).....

The fellow buying the reloads was known for being a tight wad.
He would pick up rounds off the floor at the range & by half boxs of bullets at gunshows. The quote was" If it fit in the gun he shot it!" OK, I have had hard times too.

The reloader in question, reloaded only Winchester cases for the shooter. The firearm blows up, no one is hurt.. The shooter wants a new gun!
The reloader wants to see the ruptured case. The reply is
" I don't have it, but it was your ammo!"
The reloader tells him, "You pick up any crap you can find, How do I know it was my bullets?" Shooter curses out reloader!
A week later, two agents from the ATF show up at the guys home!
Later that night the agents in the white Has-mat suits show up,- rope off the house.
Light it up so they can "safely" remove explosives for the home! The people in the area think he is a criminal mad man!

The result in no particular order was,
He was charged with making & selling ammo without a lic. & some thing else.
ATF took all the reloading equipment as evidence.
ATF went over ALL his semi-auto firearms very closely looking for "illegal modifications"
He had to get a lawyer -$1500.
Fined $2700 + court costs for makeing & selling ammo with out a lic. & no insurance bond.
Bought the guy a new firearm -$800

The lawyer, thinks he got off eazy! :shock:

Real life sucks sometimes,
broom

1 - 12 of 12 Posts