Looking for Gun instructor south of Clayton/Henry County

Discussion in 'Training' started by 736Lawton, Dec 20, 2019.

1. 736Lawton

736Lawton Member

I am not a novice to firearms. Have owned and fired Colt .45 semi, Beretta Semi, and S&W revolvers for decades. But they all have hammers.
    My son gave me a brand new Beretta Nano 9mm, (it has no hammer), for my birthday and for the life of me I cannot make heads or tails out of the "instruction booklet".
    I do not understand the safety features and I don't want to start tinkering around with it and end up doing something stupid.
    I'll pay someone to fool around with me for about an hour and make sure I got this thing down right and fire off some rounds.
    Anybody here know someone south of that sewer Metro Atlanta? I live in Spalding County.
    Thanks.

2. atlsrt44

atlsrt44 Well-Known Member

Dont know how far south but in forest park I always found the guys at georgia range and gun to be good people

3. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

These might help you.

Official Beretta

Review

Review

Hickok 45

4. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

Looks like the only external safety is the "keep anything away from the trigger" safety.

Put one in the chamber and it's ready to go. Make it totally safe by fully unloading it.

Basically, it's a tiny Glock.

5. 736Lawton

736Lawton Member

Thank you for your reply.
    If that's the deal "keep anything away from the trigger"...I'm not liking that.
    I need better safety than that. Just old fashioned here....I like a hammer and a squeezer like on that .45.
    I may end up selling this thing. Although I have to deal with hurting my son's feelings since it's a gift. That is a concern of course...he meant well, gives me an elaborate present, and I go and sell it.
    Time will tell

6. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

If you want one without a hammer, look into the Remington R-51. Yes problems at the beginning but those have been corrected and mine is now an EDC.

The really nice thing about them is the dual mag release and grip safety. The more I shoot it the more I like it.

Nemo

https://www.remington.com/handguns/remington-r51