looking for a safe for the house

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by luke0927, Feb 26, 2007.

1. luke0927

luke0927 New Member

To keep my riffles, shotguns, handguns ammo etc.....not looking to spend huge $$$$ but i don't mind spending a little on quality as you get what you pay for....anyone recommend any brands or places i should look i know bassproc carries a wide variety; but they may be a little pricery than others.

thanks

2. USMC - Retired

USMC - Retired Active Member

Sams club has a great "starter" safe

3. tj2000

tj2000 New Member

Gun safe?

Luke,
    I just recently purchased a gun safe for my special room in my basement. I would recomend you do a little research on what you need. I looked on the internet and also at other places of business. I finaly decided on the redhead brand at Bass pro shops. I found out that they are the same people who build safes for browning on the same line.
    I bought a 12/24 fireproof at 1385 degrees for 30 minutes for $629. I also paid a company that they recomended to deliver and set it up for me, it was another $200 but I would not recomend you try it with a pick up truck and some freinds because it weights around a 1000lbs empty. The guy picked it up at the store and delivered it and placed it where I wanted it and I couldn't be happier with it. I go tired of hiding my firearms (30 handguns and 15 long guns) in the ceiling of my gun room. I hope this helps you and "May the force be with you". Sorry but I couldn't resist :oops: :oops: :oops: .
    Take care,

4. Mastino177

Mastino177 Member

Try TSC Tractor Supply if you have one near you, if not find one.

They sell the Cannon and Bighorn (Rhino Metals). You can find the Bighorn model on Rhino's website...I've been eye-ballin the one at the store near me...right around $1K, but you get what seems to be an awesome product...@ 800lbs no one will take it out of your house, but you have to find someone to bring it to you.

5. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

I only have 2 long guns in the house, so I bought a 200lb office safe rated at 2hrs to keep my handguns and some of my wifes jewelry in. I have her stuff, 5 handguns, the bolt for my Mauser, and 100 rounds of 9mm, 100 rounds of .380, and 20 rounds of 7.65x54 in it, along with some spare keys and stuff. Just to be safe, when I get a chance I'm going to take advantage of the 4 holes drilled in the bottom and bolt it to the floor. The only hard part was getting it up stairs.

6. luke0927

luke0927 New Member

Thanks guys i do have Tractor supply right next to the house....im not wanting to get anyting to large now as i will have to move it in a few years after i build my new house. i would like to stick 8-10 riffles/shotguns and my pistols in it.....i was also thinking of the Red head brand i will do some shopping around.

keep it comming if you got anymore info....

7. Mastino177

Mastino177 Member

Yeah, but remember you tend to grow into things. Well, that's what I intend to do. Besides, that extra room would allow for other high valued items (i.e. your wifes jewelry, cameras, etc.).