Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help me! I picked up my new AR-15 yesterday and it desperately wants me to find a place I can shoot it. I live in Lilburn and would like to find a good place I can shoot more than 25 yards. I will be traveling to Douglasville on Thursday for a meeting and will have some time after that if there is a good place between here and there, or close to between here and there.

BTW - This is my first AR and the new rifle is a Rock River upper, flat top varmint style, 20" stainless steel barrel with a 1:8 twist and a Wylde chamber. It has a full length quad rail and a Spikes lower with the two stage trigger from RRA as well. It is quite possibly the coolest thing I have ever bought. Though I may go back to the original heat shield as the quad rail is a bit heavy.

Next I have to find a good scope...

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Sounds like you have a pretty nice set up there... I would suggest that you shoot first at a indoor range where there are folks expereinced with AR's. That way you can sight in your AR and if you expereince any problems you will have easy access to knowledgable folks to help you.

American Classic Marksman has a great range, very expereinced and knowledgable staff. In particular you can ask for Jason or Chris.

That is just my two cents.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
I live in Lilburn as well, and usually go to charles elliot wma range for all my outdoor shooting. Doesn't help you much though, as it is in the opposite direction as Douglasville.

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
I'd recommend Charlie Elliott (which is a DNR WMA range) or Creekside (which is a private pay range). Those are my two favorite non-club outdoor ranges in this area. Both are great options for shooting an AR.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts