Looking for a GSG 1911

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Rick1968, Jan 26, 2011.

1. Rick1968

Rick1968 Member

Anyone know who has them in the Atlanta area and how much they are?

2. 45_Fan

45_Fan Well-Known Member

Which part of town?

Most of the usual places have them listed on their sites, though you'll need to search under American Tactical Imports instead of GSG.

I also find that the websites have slightly higher prices listed than you'd find in store or at a show.

3. Rick1968

Rick1968 Member

I live in Stockbridge but I travel most of metro Atlanta. Thanks.

4. 45_Fan

45_Fan Well-Known Member

Check with Autrey's Armory and Mainstreet, they'd be closer to you. 400 Jewelry and Loan and Cherokee Gun and Pawn are on the north side but out a ways. I'd imagine that WWT and AO would also carry it.

It shouldn't take much effort to beat $350 OTD. :righton:

I've got a review coming in the near future.

5. alan72

alan72 New Member

i bought one at franklins in athens for $350otd. i had one for about 5 months. the issues i had with mine were, poor fit and finish, extra mags were nearly impossible to find and i had to stretch the outer end of the main spring out in diameter to keep the spring from being lodged "stuck"in the slide. its kind of a toss up for me if the gun was worth it or just buy a .22conversion? just my .02

6. 45_Fan

45_Fan Well-Known Member

Oh, a statement I forgot to make earlier. When I went shopping, I took a magnet. If the barrel bushing up front is magnetic, it indicates the second generation update. ATI is supposed to be good about sending all of the update parts if you have a non-magnetic bushing and call it in. The main spring on mine is cone-shaped, the barrel bushing is magnetic, and the guide-rod assembly looks different on mine from the one in the manual. I think the buffer material may also have been updated.

7. Rick1968

Rick1968 Member

Thanks for all of the information. I have located one that I plan to look at and hopefully bring home today.