Looking for a good OWB holster

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Sine Nomen, May 26, 2007.

1. Sine Nomen

Sine Nomen New Member

I'm becoming more and more inclined to open carry during my daily activities. The difficulty I'm having is finding a suitable holster. Most of what I've found is either very military/police or backwoods/western. I really want a holster that is subtle and stylish enough to blend in and fit with business dress in the city. It MUST have a thumbreak or other solid retention device. The real kicker is that it's not for a 1911, or a revolver, or a Glock. It has to fit my Kahr PM9, which I'm finding is not a popular pistol with holster makers.

I've looked at Southern Holsters, Galco, Fist, Fobus, and a few others, but none of them seem to fit the bill. Anyone else have any ideas?

2. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

3. legacy38

legacy38 Active Member

Check out Alessi.

4. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

Try Southern Holsters He has said that he can make the Savannah with a thumb break if desired. He doesn't list the Kahr on his site, but when I ordered the Memphis for my PPK/S he ordered the dumy gun to make it.

5. S&W 40

S&W 40 Active Member

If you are looking for leather I would recommend Southern Holsters (he does not have a mold for mine otherwise I would have a Savannah) or Bianchi (spl) many good styles. But if you are into the modern plasitc/carbon you should look at the Blackhawk CQC with serpa, they come with belt loops and paddle.

Just my :2cents:

6. hpridgen

hpridgen New Member

I like Kramer holsters. Their IWB #3 is great for inside waist, and their belt scabbards and vertical scabbards are great for OWB. I also like their pocket holsters for my PM9 and MK9. I have their horsehide holsters which are very durable and comfortable.

7. Dan H

Dan H New Member

There was a post the same as this one not too long ago, look it up, I think there was a lot of good info in it.