Look for this case to go national. Glynn county

Discussion in 'In the News' started by rmodel65, May 2, 2020.

1. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

I am not sure it changes your point, but since I had not seen it mentioned here, Joyette Holmes, Republican, was defeated on Election Day by Flynn Broady, a Democrat.

Does the state attorney general's special appointment go to Joyette Holmes or to the office of Cobb DA?

If anything, a Democrat will want to push this case even harder (not that I think Joyette Holmes was not going to push hard).

Last edited: Nov 19, 2020
  2. rmodel65

rmodel65 Yukon Cornelius

If it doesn’t stay with her I guess we will see a 5th prosecutor assigned to oversee this case

3. diamondback

diamondback Well-Known Member

I am very aware of ft pillow. Also I am very aware of many northern war crimes never even discussed. Last I checked Gen Forrest was never convicted of those crimes even though radical republicans could have done that. Of course today we know that is an a war crime. Who knows if we both were wearing gray in the 1860s riding with Gen Forrest and heard of what yankee soldiers did when they came through our town. I am sure the the black soldiers knew the risk and I believe Gen Forrest said "No quarter we will asked for or given"

Of course the judge was afraid some groups would riot if they dont get their way. There is conditioning that allows that. Do you think if an EXTREME show of force was used when this rioting and looting happens they would act like that ( whites and blacks and others in the crowds rioting and looting) Notice the ones In GA were some of the shortest? They know better as compared to say Philadelphia and places in California. Now with changes GA is going through that likely will change and who knows what that will lead to. Justice should never be based on anything but facts.

4. 45_Fan

45_Fan Well-Known Member

I guess you can white wash it to the point of wrapping them up in cute foil and claiming they’re fine Dutch chocolates then sell them down by the sewer plant to mask the truth just a smidge further but anybody that investigates enough to take a bite is gonna immediately know what they bit. There’s no amount of venerating something (in furlongs or fortnights) that makes them not hog squeezings if they started off as hog squeezings. If that’s The Most Important Thing to you, please go find a hog squeezings forum and be enthusiastic about such things there. This isn’t the place.

5. 45_Fan

45_Fan Well-Known Member

6. Malum Prohibitum

That is the worst written article I have read in weeks. Pitiful. Maybe the reporter was lacking sleep or too busy to pay attention to what he was writing.

7. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

Yep.
    All I get out if it is:

1-- The defendants are obviously guilty, and
    2-- The defendants have friends of some power and influence (and.... what?)

8. diamondback

Is it just me or isn't it ironic hte guy who wanted to be "mr helper" and release the video likely will do serious time if convicted?

9. Malum Prohibitum

10. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

11. diamondback

Yeah that is who i meant. He was going with them so he had to also wonder what the deal was. I doubt the guy thought he would be facing charges releasing the video and ironically it was the video that led to the two guys arrest.

12. Malum Prohibitum

Why do you two think William Bryan released the video?

13. mb90535im

mb90535im Well-Known Member

I read in an article they where he said he thought it would "help their case" or something along those lines. In other words, he thought what had transpired was fine and dandy.

14. rmodel65

rmodel65 Yukon Cornelius

The senior McMichael gave the video to Alan Tucker if my recollection of articles is correct

15. moe mensale

I didn't say that. I was just trying to clarify who diamondback was referring to.

16. moe mensale

William Bryan was an integral part of the "posse" that hunted Ahmaud Arbery down. Just because he didn't shoot Arbery or have a gun with him (I think) doesn't mean he was an innocent bystander.

17. diamondback

Exactly. He likely never thought that the release of that tape would bite him in the but.