Logo

Discussion in 'Website & Forum Suggestions' started by Malum Prohibitum, Feb 3, 2006.

1. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

I like the baby Glock in the "Georgia" holster, and I think it should stay like it is. We can swap it for a KEl-Tek if Glock sues us . . . :lol:

Frankly, I should think they would welcome the publicity.

2. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

Thanks, the idea came to me when I purchased the domain name and started designing the header.

I decided I wanted to use the shape of Georgia in the logo in some way. I went through a few versions where the glock's site alignment was rotated more than what it is now, where it was parallel with the west boundry line. However it made the image height grow and looked off-center across from the Flag.

While I was rotating and changing the size of the gun and "holster" it just so happened that the rear sight just fit the little hook at the top right tip of georgia.

I may keep the glock as is and just add some shading to make them look better together.

3. Malum Prohibitum

I actually like it the way it is. Your call.

4. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

I think you will like the one with shading more.
    New
    [​IMG]

Old
    [​IMG]

5. Molon Labe

Molon Labe New Member

They look the same to me. :shock:

6. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

the gun has a shadow as well as the "holster's" opening (where the gun touches georgia) to give it more of a 3D look.

It is a small change I admit.

7. Molon Labe

Molon Labe New Member

You haven't seen the laptop I'm viewing this on. The screen is filthy from 4 kids poking at it!

The site looks great! As I've said before....Great job

8. Malum Prohibitum

The shadow looks great. I thought you meant that you were going to "shade" the firearm so that it was not so clear what it is. :oops:

9. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

Well my problem was I didn't like the line where the gun touched Georgia. What I was going to do was either Cartoonize the glock (make less realistic or glock-like by using fewer colors) or shade/shadow the glock (make it pop off the screen) and the holster (make it look like the glock was actually in a holster).

You had said you liked the mini-glock pic and since packing.org's logo already uses a cartoon like handgun I went with shading.

I have to admit, it came out better than I expected it to. :)

10. thebugman

thebugman New Member

Looking Goood!

When I first saw the Logo it reminded me of my new pocket holster. Very apropriate for Georgiapacking.org Great job.