Local source for match grade .22LR?

Discussion in 'Ammo' started by Adam5, Oct 24, 2010.

1. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

Does any know a dealer on the North side of Atlanta that carries match grade .22 ammo?

Im looking for Wolf M/T, Eley Sport Match or similar. Im especially interested in the Wolf M/T, as I have been told that Remington 597's love it.

2. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

Last time I looked, this summer, Forstyth Pawn & Gun in Cumming had some high quality Wolf .22 ammo and Federal Gold Medal match .22LR ammo. I bought the Federal gold medal stuff for $4 per 50 rounds.
    The Wolf was about twice that price.
    My .22 rifles also like CCI standard velocity-- available from many retailers.

3. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

Okay, last time I looked, TODAY the 25th, Forsyth Pawn in Cumming had plenty of Wolf Match Target (made in Germany) for $5 per box of 50. (seems like a darn good deal to me!)
    Then they had Remington Eley "Match EPS" ammo for $15 per 50 rounds.
    They also had Aguila standard velocity ammo, and Remington Subsonic (neither of which is match grade, but at least it's standard velocity or subsonic).
    THey don't have CCI Standard Velocity anymore-- it's been hard to find, hard to get from their distributor.
    And they don't have anymore of the Federal Gold Medal Match.

4. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

Thanks Gunsmoker.

I keep reading on RimfireCentral about how accurate the Remington 597s are with Wolf MT, and am going to Adairsville on Wednesday afternoon. It's rare that I shoot on a range longer than 25 yards, so I want to get some to try out while I am at a 100yd range.

5. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

I picked up a box of the Wolf Match Target 40gr ($4.99 per 50) and a box of Aguila Interceptor 40gr ($6.69 per 50). I'll be going to Adairsville tomorrow and will see if they are more accurate than the Winchester bulk that I have and worth price difference. I think I paid about $15 for 333 rounds of the Winchester 36gr and it's performance at 25 yards (10 rounds) can be seen below.

[​IMG]

6. elandil

elandil Redneck Engineer

What time you headin out that way tomorrow?

7. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

If the rain holds off, I'll be picking up Claire in Acworth around 1:00 or so and heading that way.

8. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

Range report delayed to heavy rain and thunderstorms. Will go tomorrow or Friday instead.