Local places to buy bulk powder?

Discussion in 'Ammo' started by MesaCranker, Oct 23, 2010.

1. MesaCranker

MesaCranker Active Member

I don't really feel like paying the $25 hazmat fee for shipping powder. Anyone know of a place (OTHER THAN BASS PRO) that is in the Atlanta area and sells bulk smokeless powder? Preferably in 8lb quantities and carries Hodgdon?

2. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

Try 400 J&L and try Big Woods Goods.

3. ForsythGlock

ForsythGlock Member

I have purchased powder at American Classic Marksman in Norcross and at the Bargain Barn in Jasper, but I don't know if they have Hodgdon.

4. samurai

samurai New Member

HiCaliber in Holly Springs has a good selection of powder ,bullets, primers and some brass.

5. SongDogSniper

SongDogSniper New Member

Also Forsyth County Pawn in Cumming. And of course the RK and Eastman gun shows where they are in town.

6. dunkel

dunkel New Member

Goin to try to hit a show if there's one close next weekend. Hope to score a lb of 2400 or Lil' Gun. What would be a good price on one of those?

7. seereus

seereus Active Member

I think Moss Pawn Shop over toward SouthLake Mall carries powder.

8. boomboom

boomboom New Member

Try Graf and Sons. www.grafs.com This month's flyer on the front page promises free hazmat with a purchase of 16 LBS or more up to 32 lbs at http://www.grafs.com/retail/catalog/flyer. You can also mix and match powder and primers under the same free hazmat as long as you buy at least 16 lbs. Don't know how long it will last though. David's Gun Room in Norcross also carries the 8lb sizes in certain powders also though.
    Bill G.