1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts
Rob Strickland is definitely a hero. He did the right thing when the time came. His training and everything certainly helped him here. He's a good man.

Its horrifying to even hear that poor lady retell the story. Its a shame we even have to hear stories like this, but maybe that poor women will now go out and get her own license to carry so she doesn't need someone else to protect her. :righton: :D

·
Registered
7,554 Posts
Nothing good happens on Memorial Drive.
Woops, they said Stone Mountain.
That one may be OK

·
Just a Man
6,056 Posts
Good story with a good ending. I'm glad he got involved. :righton:

·
Senior Mumbler
6,434 Posts
tmoore912 said:
Good story with a good ending. I'm glad he got involved. :righton:
I agree , good story. The only bad thing about the whole incident is the fact that the BG will probably be out and involved in another similar crime within a few years.

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
No one else noticed that before the story was even told, the writers made sure that the readers knew Strickland is not a regular guy but a security officer? Even though it seems evident that Strickland was not on a job. I looked at the website for his business and it doesn't appear that Strickland being armed is a direct consequence of the business he's in. I think he was on the scene at the place in time as an armed citizen. 11 Alive went out of their way to avoid presenting the facts in an objective way. To do so may give the reader the idea that an armed citizenry is a deterrent to crime. :panic:

Good Job RS. Keep up the good work.

·
Registered
846 Posts
What's with the comment on the 11 Alive article from a guy at an emissions station claiming he did all the saving and Rob got all the credit. He's claiming Rob only held the perp after he caught him?

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
Mmmm....I'm going to follow that story closely. I wouldn't think much of the claim if it weren't for the inclusion of his name and place of business. Still....I don't know what to think about it.

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,727 Posts
He said we all need to get involved. Translation - we all need to carry a gun and be ready to help protect others against criminals when we have the opportunity to do so, like he did. :righton:

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts
phantoms said:
I agree , good story. The only bad thing about the whole incident is the fact that the BG will probably be out and involved in another similar crime within a few [s:2as4zsi7]years[/s:2as4zsi7] weeks/months.
FTFY :D :righton:

·
Registered
7,554 Posts
moga said:
No one else noticed that before the story was even told, the writers made sure that the readers knew Strickland is not a regular guy but a security officer? Even though it seems evident that Strickland was not on a job. I looked at the website for his business and it doesn't appear that Strickland being armed is a direct consequence of the business he's in. I think he was on the scene at the place in time as an armed citizen. 11 Alive went out of their way to avoid presenting the facts in an objective way. To do so may give the reader the idea that an armed citizenry is a deterrent to crime. :panic:

Good Job RS. Keep up the good work.
They even said he was Trained.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts