Line X for trucks

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by Sharky, Jul 10, 2007.

1. Sharky

Sharky New Member

Okay completely off topic. Finally pooled my B-Day money together and going to get Line-X for my truck.

Anybody have this in their truck? Anybody hear bad things?

I have done a ton of research and havent heard anything completely negative. Only to make sure there are multiple coats applied.

Thanks for comments in advance.

2. Dan H

Dan H New Member

Well worth it from what I have seen. I have a lot of friends with this in their trucks and I think its the best bed liner ever.

3. GunNut

GunNut New Member

I have had several liners, from the complete plastic to rubber. The line-x I currently have is definitely my favorite. I've had no problems with it.

I have heard that you don't want to watch them apply it as they have to scuff up the paint in the bed so it will stick good. It would make me ill to see that done to a new truck. Mine was done at the dealer before I bought the truck so I don't know for sure if this is true or not...kind of makes sense though.

4. Sharky

Sharky New Member

cool thanks guys for the quick replies.

I am, headed to the one near me, off 120 in Lawrenceville after work to look at their work. They were the only ones to say come on by and take a look at our set up and work! I always like that kind of forwardness, means they have some pride in their work and facility!

Yup they sand the bed down a little to get off the wax and any kind of clear coat, rough up the surface to help the line-x stick better. Man I cant watch that part! Then apply it.

I removed a few screws to look at the bed now, it has a plastic liner in there, and man it is all roughed up from the plastic liner sliding and rubbing. Not to mention the dirt and crap trapped in there. And I keep my truck spotless!

Thanks again and I will show pics when I get it done.

5. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

What's wrong with roughing up the paint a little? It's going to be covered up anyway? And, as it's been said, there's a point.

6. legacy38

legacy38 Active Member

I have a Rhino liner in my '99 S10, and I like it very, very much. My new Nissan Frontier has a spray in liner from the factory.

I had a drop in liner in my old '91 Sonoma, and I much prefer the spray in kind.

7. tony218

tony218 New Member

i would also get a rubber mat. it keeps things from sliding
    around and denting the side of the bed.if you have a spray in
    liner the mat should fit perfectly but may need to be trimed
    with the slide in liner.

8. Sharky

Sharky New Member

Thanks Tony!!

Well I just got back and the Line-X is in! HOLY MOLY this stuf rocks!! Nothing slid aroud in the back at all. He layed a final spray that gave it a texture like sandpaperish...

Will post pics in a bit...