Limit Some Guns for Cosmetic Reasons ???

Discussion in 'In the News' started by DKW, Aug 8, 2019.

1. DKW

DKW Active Member

DonT likes this.
  2. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

What cosmetics is she referring to? Why does she think those cosmetics are a problem? Why does she think limiting those cosmetics will eliminate the perceived problem? Why does she not understand that the AR-15 in particular was designed with those cosmetics as an integral part of the weapon and not for looks? Why does she write about stuff she obviously has no knowledge about? Why does she think limiting (aka, banning) certain cosmetic features is an appropriate method of legislating morality?

DonT likes this.

3. DonT

DonT Deplorable bitter clinger.

If you read the comments to the article, she gets taken apart pretty much. She is a pretty reliable conservative writer, but she apparently has a blind spot when it comes to the 2nd Amendment. There's a lot of that going around, sadly. Even among smart people who should know better when it comes to the Constitution and the Bill of Rights.

4. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

Where'd the last few posts go?
    This website is messed up.

5. gunsmoker

#-o I know I replied here with a long post, then Moe replied to me, and I did another post after that. None are here now, an hour later.

6. Savannah Dan

Savannah Dan Cross-drawer

Is she one of the ones that thinks the 2A is written for the militia, and not the people, even though it mentions the militia and the people separately?

7. Savannah Dan

Savannah Dan Cross-drawer

This article deserves a place on the pages of The Onion.

8. gunsmoker

The comments that I thought I posted here, in this thread about marketing scary-looking guns with paramilitary features, actually ended up in another thread.

The one entitled:
    "John Richardson's Blog No Lawyers - Only Guns & Money, has been locked by Google"

9. moe mensale

Charen is like a lot of people in America today trying to understand why some people that are not part of the "thug culture" take up guns and kill innocent people. I think she sees a lack of spirituality, family, morality, whatever leaving a large void in our psyche and people lashing out through violence, usually through firearms.

10. moe mensale

Glad you found yourself!

11. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

Better argument. After all, its from Oprah.

Nemo

https://www.foxnews.com/media/fox-friends-oprah-winfrey-right-core-moral-center

12. moe mensale

Well, if Opie says it then it must be true. Maybe she can be president and give us all a free car. :righton: