Lieutenant Dexter Holcomb end of watch

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by legacy38, Jul 25, 2007.

1. legacy38

legacy38 Active Member

I've been on hair raising calls, but nothing makes me as nervous as standing in the road directing traffic. People do some absolutely stupid things in their vehicles.

2. M249

M249 New Member

I watched a woman hit an LEO in Buckhead while he was working traffic. Luckily, traffic was moving slowly, and the officer was not injured. The woman then refused to get out of the vehicle. The officer did force her to get out, and was actually pretty cool about it--no pepper spray, sidearms, or TAZERs involved. She got a ride downtown.

On the bright side, at least she didn't have to take MARTA.

3. Sharky

Sharky New Member

Yeah people are in a rush to get nowhere apparently. I know we all have jobs that may frown on tardiness, but as a boss I would rather them be 5 minutes or so late, not wreck or hurt anybody!

I think alot of road rage is because people are poor time managers and thus drive like idiots to make up time lost and piss people off who are just trying to get to work in one piece!

4. legacy38

legacy38 Active Member

I had a member of a very well known family in GA bump me with a vehicle while I was directing traffic, and then he complained on me for being in his way.

I also had a very wild fight with a woman that blew through a barricaded intersection and sending officers running for cover. It took several of us to get her in cuffs.

I've seen officers actually get hit and quite a few close calls.

Of course my favorites are those that want to tie up an entire intersection wanting directions with cars all around honking and drivers screaming. Let me give you a tip if you try this, the directions are either going to be "second right" or "second left" regardless of where you are trying to go. It's not that officers don't want to help as they will when there is time, but people need to take a look around them and take note of the situation as well.

5. Thorsen

Thorsen New Member

I was in a road rage incident about four months ago. I was driving in a 65 mph zone just outside of Athens doing about 75 mph when a guy in a truck came barrelling up on my rear bumper. I couldn't get over due to traffic and refused to go any faster. Anyway, when the lane next to me was clear and before I could get into that lane, he whipped into it, hit the gas, got in front of me and slammed on his brakes! I literally almost ate the rear end of his truck.

6. legacy38

legacy38 Active Member

What kind of truck (he asks sheepishly)? :lol:

7. tace

tace New Member

I sure hope you called the police on this one. Ppl like him need a reminder that they are playing with others lives.

I am proud to have gotten at least one drunk driver off the roads :)

8. Thorsen

Thorsen New Member

I never even looked. It was a smaller truck than mine (I drive a Titan).

9. legacy38

legacy38 Active Member

nope 8)