Libertarian Bill Weld - Rifles Can Become WMDs

Discussion in 'Off-topic Political' started by moe mensale, Aug 15, 2016.

1. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

Hey bedee, is this one of your Libertarian heros? This is the type of person you'd prefer to see in the Executive branch? Now I can see why my birth state of MA went completely down the crapper with this kind of elected moron in charge.

Libertarian VP candidate Bill Weld made the following comment when asked about gun control by the Revolt.tv reporter. This was this month. Go to 16:30.

https://revolt.tv/videos/interview-libertarian-vp-nominee-william-weld-561c8a35

2. TITAN308

TITAN308 :) :) :)

Said it before, say it again;

All political factions are corrupt turd burgers.

Democrats, Repubs, Tea Part, Libertarian, whatever else is left.

3. JiG

JiG Awaiting censure

Weld needs to go, now.

4. TITAN308

TITAN308 :) :) :)

So I wonder if Mr. Weld cares to share statistics on the number of "fully automatic guns" used in crimes now a days?

He is accurate however on handguns being worse than AR15. Last I checked blunt objects (including hands, feet, etc etc) killed more people every year than shotguns and rifles combined.

While that statement may be accurate, its more like accuracy on an disingenuous subject matter. So I guess they cancel each other out.

5. ICP_Juggalo

ICP_Juggalo Professional Troll

6. ICP_Juggalo

ICP_Juggalo Professional Troll

7. JiG

JiG Awaiting censure

Why else was Obama in such a hurry to clear out G Bay?

8. AzB

AzB Well-Known Member

And pretty ignorant based on the nonsense coming out of his pie hole.

Az

9. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

I don't see Johnson dying so this really means just about zero on my give a crap scale. Bill is quite an idiot, but he was a Republican so that explains a little.

Johnson believes like most of us do on guns and that's all that matters.

Bill is an idiot, oh well. Vice President's don't do a whole lot.

10. RedDawnTheMusical

RedDawnTheMusical Well-Known Member

I must hear more about this magical pin...

11. Wegahe

Wegahe NRA Instructor

Actually Johnson and Ward are cut from the same burlap. I used to think a lot of Johnson until this election. He along with Ward have turned the LP into the DP lite. While Johnson would only be slightly better than Clinton you could toss a coin on them to see which one you vote for instead of just blindly voting LP this election. This is the reason I changed my vote to the RP this time around. Trump couldn't do any worse than BamBam and may even do a little better. At least he has Pence at his side.

12. bdee

bdee انا باتمان

I said I was voting for Johnson because he holds values far closer to mine than either of the others. I agree with him on 82-83% of issues. I think Clinton was in the 50s and Trump was at like 34%.

Weld's comments on guns are worrisome, but the only time VPs matter is if the president dies, but I doubt our pot smoking triathlete is leaving this Earth anytime soon.

No politician is perfect, but Johnson is far closer than either Trump or Clinton, so, that;s the way I am voting.

Other than a few bigoted or outlandishly stupid comments, Trump is little different from any other New York liberal.

13. JiG

JiG Awaiting censure

I pretty much agree with you here.

<tin foil hat on>
    But since the political circus has not reached peak yet, what if Clinton dies but not before Trump hands it over to Hillary, and everyone votes for Johnson by some crazy circumstance? I can see Johnson being assassinated very quickly.

14. CoffeeMate

CoffeeMate Junior Butt Warmer

A rifle can become a WMD...

...if you duct tape it to a strategic nuke.

15. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

How is Johnson like Democrats fiscally? Do you really think social laws really matter that much?

Johnson is pandering to get votes from Hilary, and it has worked, he might just hand Trump the presidency looking at polls.

It is this simple.

A vote for Trump or Hillary is a vote for bigger government.

A vote for Johnson is for smaller goverment. We may even get some federal gun laws and ATF regulations changed for the better under Johnson, you'll get nothing of the sort with Trump or Hillary.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2016
  16. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Unfortunately, the vast majority of people reading or listening to Weld's words will take them at face value, unquestioning.

The mistake over the magical pin really is a distraction, anyway. Shouldn't a Libertarian candidate be for unrestricted access to AR-15s lacking such a magical pin, or repealing laws preventing one from removing such a magical pin?

What has happened to the Libertarian Party? :confused:

Are they so desperate to increase their poll numbers that soon they will be nominating candidates calling for nationalized health care and government funded (free!) college education for everyone?

17. moe mensale

Trump is smart enough to know that a 5 y/o child or an 80 y/o grandmother usually isn't an enemy of the state even if they show up on a watch list. We all know that those watch lists are nothing more than security theater administered by nameless, unaccountable bureaucrats.

Make those watch lists viable. If you're a known terrorist, a terrorist sympathizer or some other potential problem then you go on a REAL watch list and leave the kid and grandma alone.

18. Malum Prohibitum

And yet you want to expand the powers of those overseeing them, and make the lists even more powerful in their effects upon American citizens.

Odd, to say the least.

19. Malum Prohibitum

So, two pages, and only four posts are about Weld's statement.

"The five shot rifle, that’s a standard military rifle; the problem is if you attach a clip to it so it can fire more shells and if you remove the pin so that it becomes an automatic weapon, and those are independent criminal offenses. That is when they become, essentially a weapon of mass destruction. The problem with handguns probably is even worse than the problem of the AR15."

20. moe mensale

Did you read the title let alone the article?

He said nothing about eliminating due process. You'll get your due process but in Guantanamo under a military tribunal. He's separating those actually accused of terroristic activities from citizens accused of mundane criminal actions. And if found guilty on terroristic charges you get to spend your sentence in beautiful, tropical Cuba. I can agree with that.