Liar, Liar, Pants on Fire

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by Malum Prohibitum, Jul 20, 2007.

1. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

http://www.kbtx.com/home/headlines/8596592.html

2. ber950

ber950 Active Member

Depleted Uranium :?:

3. moga

moga New Member

I only hope they're more careful when using their "new rifles" on .308 than they are keeping on top of their M61 cartridges.

I wonder what rifle has the OST been newly issued?

4. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

What are they?

5. Macktee

Macktee New Member

The official report:

http://www.ig.energy.gov/documents/INS-O-07-02_.pdf

Which refers to the ammo as 5.56, not .308.

I remember live fire in the Army used armor piercing ammo. I always wondered if it was because there was a surplus of it or if it was some type of safety measure.

One summer camp, I was running a rifle range. A particular basic training company had run into a string of bad luck whereby one of their guys had managed to shoot himself each of the past four days.

I know what you're thinking Ramm... it wasn't the same guy!

As this was 1968, there was major concern this was some type of anti-war movement. The day they were on my range, there was a huge amount of senior officers present.

When giving the troops my welcome to the range talk, I asked them to please, pretty please not do anything stupid.

Apparently, they paid attention because no one was shot that day.

The next day, on the next range, it happened again. I guess that guy didn't say "pretty please".....

6. Thorsen

Thorsen New Member

Macktee when I ran qualification ranges I always had some idiot who didn't listen to instructions. My favorite was the time I had to disarm an E-4 because he reeked of alcohol. This was before he got to the actual firing line. If he had gotten that far before I found out I probably would have sent him up for a fit for duty test and let the CO deal with whether or not he got prosecuted, but since he didn't give me any lip I just sent him back to the armory and made him qualify on a different day with another company.