Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14,956 Posts
The gay (I hate that terminology) community is one of the largest growing segments in the US for gun ownership. Stop bitching and just join the NRA and get their discount. Stupid twats.

·
American
3,289 Posts
Nitwits gotta protest.

P.S. I appreciate their bringing this discount to my attention - never knew and up to 26% off for already being an NRA member is sweet!

·
Swollen Member
11,969 Posts
http://heatst.com/culture-wars/lgbt-groups-protest-fedex-over-nra-discount/

But within the LGBT community, support for gun restrictions is far from unanimous, says Gwendolyn Patton, a spokeswoman for the Pink Pistols. The national organization claims that "armed queers don't get bashed," and its local chapters help gay and trans people learn to shoot and get licensed to carry guns.

Patton also cites Orlando-but she sees it as a reason to support responsible gun ownership. Since the massacre at Pulse, she says, interest in the organization spiked. Though Pink Pistols doesn't track membership, the organization's Facebook likes surged over 9,000 after the Orlando killings, up from just 1,500 before. And Patton says she's also seen a surge in people wanting to open local chapters.

"We've run into a basic divide here, and I think it's based on an awful lot of political ideology," Patton says. "The stereotype of those on the right is that they don't like gays but they do like guns, and then there's the opposite stereotype, that if you're on the left you don't like guns but you do like gays. That perspective is based on the premise that gay people should give up their right to self defense, give up their right to guns, so they can get their gay rights from the politicians who support gun control. I personally don't like that. Why do we have to give up some rights?"

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
So I wonder how many of these fools have ordered something online and was shipped via FedEx? What a bunch of douche nozzles.

·
Registered
9,360 Posts
jeez. it's almost like gays are natural attention whores or something.

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,900 Posts
[No message]

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,534 Posts
Patton says:

"The stereotype of those on the right is that they don't like gays but they do like guns,
and then there's the opposite stereotype, that if you're on the left you don't like guns but you do like gays.
That perspective is based on the premise that gay people should give up their right to self defense, give up their right to guns,
so they can get their gay rights from the politicians who support gun control.
"

Emphasis added.

So this is just a bunch of leftist queers embracing another aspect of political-correctness. Group think. The collective says "communism trumps any individual's security" and the queers say "YES, Big Brother, make us all your bitches! Spank us like naughty school boys!"
I guess the only "freedom" or "liberty" they want is to slob each other's knobs, not the freedom to make preparations to defend themselves from violent criminals and domestic terrorists.

·
Registered
14,956 Posts
So this is just a bunch of leftist queers embracing another aspect of political-correctness. Group think. The collective says "communism trumps any individual's security" and the queers say "YES, Big Brother, make us all your bitches! Spank us like naughty school boys!"
I guess the only "freedom" or "liberty" they want is to slob each other's knobs...
Well, that's rather descriptive! :mrgreen:

·
Senior Mumbler
6,611 Posts
Patton says:

"The stereotype of those on the right is that they don't like gays but they do like guns,
and then there's the opposite stereotype, that if you're on the left you don't like guns but you do like gays.
That perspective is based on the premise that gay people should give up their right to self defense, give up their right to guns,
so they can get their gay rights from the politicians who support gun control.
"

Emphasis added.

So this is just a bunch of leftist queers embracing another aspect of political-correctness.
I don't think that was political correctness. I think that was pointing out the stereotype that's out there and saying it's not necessarily so.

My thought is that what they do with their life is up to them, but the more people who legally carry the better.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.