Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
6,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.truthoffering.com/choosered/ ... unist.html

It seems that everywhere I go recently, I see these massive Levi's billboards along the side of the road. At first, I thought nothing of them. After all, they're just billboards, right? Plus Levi's is an all-American company, right? Visually, these ads are quite striking; mostly black and white, and quite crisp. Stark may be an even better word to describe their look, almost like an homage to depression-era life.

But when I saw the below billboard, I took notice. My opinion changed:

"Everybody's work is equally important"!?

Hmm...does that sound familiar to any of you? It sure sounded familiar to me...and in a sick-to-my-stomach kind of way. This idea is one of Karl Marx's own. In fact ...

·
Custom User Title
1,663 Posts
I really think they're just saying that the clothes you wear don't make you more or less important.

·
Registered
840 Posts
I know i am going to get blasted for not supporting this with evidence here (and will test my google fu shortly), but if i remember correctly, isn't Wrangler a supporter of gun rights and Levi Strauss has been on record as... NOT being such? I have to see if i can find where i read this.

As to the Billboard, moving from hands on work to management, i read that as "just because you wear jeans not slacks doesn't mean you are less important"...HOWEVER, i do see the corralary you are alluding to also...now.
ETA

http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-in-n ... un-control

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
I wish Levi's were still made here but I really like their product. I only wear Levi's.

·
Under Scrutiny
19,384 Posts
Aren't they based in San Francisco?

Also isn't the window broken on the left?

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
When your toilet stops flushing you'll find the ditch-digger's job to be as important as your own, if not more (depending on how much chili you ate the night before)...

It's all relative man...

·
انا باتمان
11,745 Posts
It's like this one person one vote thing. It's like saying each of our votes are equal in the eyes of the law. That is so communist. :shock:

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
bdee said:
It's like this one person one vote thing. It's like saying each of our votes are equal in the eyes of the law. That is so communist. :shock:
You might (or maybe not) surprised at how many people on here believe just that.

·
Swollen Member
11,929 Posts
Stick with Carhartt. At least they're made in N. America...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts