Letter to the Editor

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Malum Prohibitum, Mar 17, 2006.

1. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

While grabbing a quick lunch, I perused today's AJC for any information on pending bills. There was a letter to the editor published today criticizing yesterday's "bloodbath in the streets" editorial over SB 396.

It is generally a good letter, but I was disappointed to see that it bought into the debate going on right now about "duty to retreat." Unfortunately, the terms of the debate have become whether Georgians should remove the requirement to retreat. This is unfortunate because there is no duty to retreat in Georgia law.

Oh, well. I got my letter to the editor published saying exactly that.

My complaint centers on the fact that I believe this misconception is the number one thing hampering efforts to get SB 396 heard in committee and voted on the floor.

It is a misconception that is apparently held by our friends as well as our enemies.

2. geaux_tigers

geaux_tigers Member

I hear what you're saying, but I think many anti-gun zealots would be against it either way. I believe some of them (notice the use of "some" ... I try not to engage in hyperbole :) ) will say anything, including purposefully misleading people, if it means stopping a bill they they believe is counter to thier ideal. This sort of ends-justify-the-means philosophy is disturbing to me. :2cents:

3. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

I try not to read the AJC editorials. I get to angry at all the lies they tell.

Editorial - The place in the paper where journalists can blatantly lie and get away with it.

4. Sharky

Sharky Active Member

Every jourmalist I have ever met was pathetic. The kind of person that would turn you in for pissing in the bushes!

I met a Gwinnet whatever journalist. My bar tender friends wife was getting threats from an ex, he even showed up at their house. Of course they made a report, he has friends in PD. The PD said he should think of Self defense as they have a child and one on the way, and live a bit far from anything resembling a cop.

Of course journalist chimed in and had the anti approach. That I believe was his last drink there, after we got done with him. I thknk he tried to find an anti gun bar....LOL

5. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

They are all anti-gun bars in Georgia by law. :wink:

6. geaux_tigers

geaux_tigers Member

:cheers:

7. thebugman

thebugman New Member

I don't ever see the AJC. I don't have a bird so why would I need it?