Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
GPDO Commonlaw Spouse
5,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not mine, just forwarding. Am I missing something or is this just a reaffirmation that they aren't going to allow the importation of foreign firearms with those features?

·
I watch the watchers
12,883 Posts
Looks like it. They don't say 'you can't do it, but they are saying 'because of this, that, and that other thing, we won't approve it.'

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts
psrumors said:
Hard to believe people could actually work for such an organization
Hard to believe that people keep voting in politicians that continue to support such an unconstitutional agency.

·
I watch the watchers
12,883 Posts
Ever wonder what people would think if there were government agencies devoted to ensuring that only properly approved people could publish newspapers, practice religion, or only properly licensed individuals could exercise the right to vote?

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Fallschirmjäger said:
Ever wonder what people would think if there were government agencies devoted to ensuring that only properly approved people could publish newspapers, practice religion, or only properly licensed individuals could exercise the right to vote?
Well done! :righton:
I'm sure it's in the "progressive" handbook somewhere. They are all about control.

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
Something has puzzled me for quite a while and this letter from the ATF reminded me of it.

For starters, where does the ATF get the authority to limit imported firearms to only those firearms that fulfill a sporting purpose?

Even if they actually do have said authority, isn't target shooting a sporting activity? In what manner do any of those seven items they enumerate possibly conflict with target shooting?

As far as that goes, where does the 2A limit gun ownership to sporting purposes?

Where..... Oh hell!!!!!

I think I need a lie-down. Crap like this tends to elevate my blood pressure!

·
Registered
6,952 Posts
Methinks the Supreme Court descision of last June could be used to unclench the fist of ATF in this regard, Mike.

·
Registered
15,974 Posts
Macktee said:
For starters, where does the ATF get the authority to limit imported firearms to only those firearms that fulfill a sporting purpose?
Congress, the commerce clause, GCA of 1968.

·
Registered
15,974 Posts
Officially, I THINK BATFE letters really only apply to the person they are addressed to.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts