Let's say it again.... I'm the only one professional enough

Discussion in 'Firearm Related' started by Macktee, Oct 19, 2007.

1. Macktee

Macktee New Member

http://www.courierpostonline.com/apps/p ... /710190389

State trooper shoots self in hand

VINELAND -- An off-duty state trooper was taken to Cooper University Hospital in Camden on Thursday night after accidentally shooting himself in the hand.The trooper, whose name was not released, was cleaning a gun at home when it fired, said Sgt. Stephen Jones, a state police spokesman. He said the trooper is stationed on the Atlantic City Expressway.

The injury was not life-threatening, Jones said. Additional information about the incident was not available.

Published: October 19. 2007 3:10AM

:shoot: :surrender: :scared:

2. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

Anyone else think it was a Glock?

3. cdtracing

cdtracing New Member

OK, A show of hands. Who here cleans their guns while loaded?

Am I the only one who disassembles them before cleaning?

Just wondering.

4. VolGrad

VolGrad Tactical Statistician

Re: Let's say it again.... I'm the only one professional eno

It always pisses me off when someone writes something like what I highlighted in RED. It doesn't fire itself.

5. S&W 40

S&W 40 Active Member

Of course if this were one of us ordinary citizens instead of a highly educated LEO our names would be plastered all over this article.

6. Sharky

Sharky Active Member

How did I guess you would write something like that!!!! Now that I own one of these fine pistolas I must say they are a wonderful gun. Some people hate consistancy and dependability I guess. My fiance is a Jeff Gordon Fan. I am not a fan of his but you cant argue consistancy and his numbers. Glocks are kind of like that.

I just dont understand why some poeple clean guns while loaded! Heck I dont load it till I am completely done. COMPLETELY DONE. I thought I was paranoid about clearing my firearm before taking it apart. I even run a cleaning rod through the barrel after mag and pipe are cleared, just to make sure!!!!! Gets wierd looks from the fiance, but I know it is completely empty at that point!

7. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

It fired in self-defense after he touched it's no-no spot?

Well, it would be me or Gunny. I can't think of another pistol that requires you to pull the trigger when you want to disassemble it. Of course it was a Glock.

8. SigP229

SigP229 Active Member

Doesn't everyone clean the trigger first? :lol:

9. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

If you follow the BASIC safety rules it won't matter. Before you pull the trigger, point it where you won't hurt anything just in case it does go off. Also, you can check for it to be unloaded.

He probably just dropped the mag and that was it. I'm usually not doing anything else when I'm cleaning my guns. That was probably part of it.

10. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Yea. That's all he was doing: a live fire function test. :wink:

11. kkennett

kkennett New Member

Unfortunately our hero in this post would like to participate in this show of hands; however, referring back to the title of the article, he has hit a stumbling block.

12. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

:shock: :lol:

13. cdtracing

cdtracing New Member

At least someone here got the joke.

14. zookeper

zookeper Active Member

i do sometimes wipe my daily carry down when it's loaded, i do however treat it as such and carefully mind where it's pointed, etc. when i do this. the only time i clear this gun is when i'm handing it to someone or before cleaning it. i've never had a nd tho anything is possible.

15. Fallschirmjäger

Fallschirmjäger I watch the watchers

16. ntech

ntech Member

"Everyone...I am now going to show you how to professionally clean a glock foh-tay" :roll:

17. moonchicken

moonchicken New Member

BANG!!!!

:lol:

18. slabertooch

slabertooch New Member

Section 4 of his complaint is hilarious....

19. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

What happened to the lawsuit? It is a Privacy Act lawsuit.