Let's Pressure Our Legislators

Discussion in 'Places Off-Limits' started by Chuck38, Aug 26, 2007.

1. Chuck38

Chuck38 New Member

to introduce bills to get rid of places off limits. Places off limits are legislatively designated kill zones. Maybe puting some of the blame on their backs will generate a little action.

I plan on sending emails to my state and national requesting the same.

Let me know if there is more we can do.

Chuck38
    NRA Patron Life Member

2. viper32cm

viper32cm New Member

First I would recommend GeorgiaCarry.org if you haven't done so already.

3. Wiley

Wiley Guest

The best place to start is close to home. As a resident of Kennesaw you should join us at the Kennesaw City Council meeting Tuesday, September 4, at 6:30 PM. (see here for details: https://www.georgiapacking.org/forum/vie ... php?t=5180 )

Emails are OK but a paper letter to YOUR City Council member, State Representitive and State Senator are far more effective. The statment I have heard is that for every letter that someone takes the time to write, the politicians figure there are 1,000 others who feel the same way.

Please, keep them polite, reasoned and, non-threatening. Goes a long way to getting you heard.

4. AeroShooter

AeroShooter Active Member

I agree with you. I think the best way to frame this is to clean up ambiguities in the public gathering law.

5. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

That's pretty much what this site is about. :wink:

GCO is THE organization for this in Georgia. They are working hard to make things better in Georgia and I am confident they are on the right path to sucess. They have already made things better in the short time they've been active. Get ready for big things my friends. 8)

Remember, there is difference in good pressure and bad pressure on legislators. I'm not saying you'll do this but ad hominem attacks, vulgarity, threats, and heavy handed tactics do not make legislators feel warn and fuzzy, especially when it is comming from people carrying guns.

6. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

As our tie wearing leader has uttered in the past: People do things for people they like.

7. 1911packer

1911packer Guest

I would like for our legislators to come read this "Places Off-Limits" forum.

Maybe it would show them how confusing the laws are and how honest, gun-totin' citizens are busting their brains trying to make sure they stay legal right down to the letter of the law.

If they knew how important being law-abiding was to us, maybe they would write carry laws the people who carry could understand.