Let's Force Gun Owners To Turn Over Their AR-15 And Other Rifles

Discussion in 'In the News' started by OWM, May 4, 2018.

1. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

The good Congressman - from CA of course - doesn't seem to understand that there are other, non-monetary costs associated with his proposal. What costs is he willing to accept for those deplorables who opt to defy his edict and those ordered to enforce it? Does he not understand that it might become very personal?

2. a_springfield

a_springfield Well-Known Member

Market value of military style rifles in the US is only 230million? If the average value was $600 that would only by 383,333.33 rifles.

3. moe mensale

He's referring to the Australian gun buyback.

4. Smilodon

Smilodon Active Member

That isn't what it says.

5. a_springfield

My bad I have been in the hospital with wife and new baby sense Wednesday waking up every two hours. I need sleep.

Smilodon likes this.
  6. Smilodon

Smilodon Active Member

I was wondering how you misread that while being interested enough to do the math.

7. a_springfield

We just got home this afternoon. Wednesday at 4:45am-Saturday at 3:15pm. With twice daily trips home to let dogs out.

8. NTA

NTA Well-Known Member

The only rights you have are the ones the army and police allow.
    Fortunately honest and honorable Constitution supporting politicians control the army.

9. Aleksfoxtrot

Aleksfoxtrot Active Member

The only rights you have are the ones you choose not to cede.

10. moe mensale

"New baby" and "sleep" are mutually exclusive terms! :lol: Congratulations anyway! :cheers:

11. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

Don't worry Moe, they're not going to come hunting for you.
    But if you keep your evil black paramilitary rifle in violation of the ban, and it's in your vehicle when you have an accident and the police investigate the crash...

... you're going to jail. Even if you wouldn't have gotten a ticket since the wreck wasn't your fault.

If you and your spouse have a screaming match and the cops are called, and they ask you both about weapons, and your wife tells them about that machinegun-looking war rifle under your bed, guess what? Cops will seize it for "officer safety" and not return it so to better "keep the peace" between you, but if they recognize it as a prohibited gun, suddenly you'll be going to jail on felony charges, instead of getting a warning about noisy arguments and the potential for a domestic violence charge.

THAT'S how they'll take your guns, Moe. Not by sending Standartenfuhrer Hans Landa to your farmhouse to search your crawlspace for hidden weapons.

12. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

What about the Feds who review the 4473s and come to your door with a swat team and use a loudspeaker to wake you up at 430am and demand you come out backwards with your hands in the air.

Think a few folks might kiss the wife and kids goodbye and send them out then get the armor piercing rounds in the 308 and and take out one or 2 feds before withdrawing to the basement and prepping for the flashbangs, behind the double stack brick wall with the AP rounds in 5.56 and take out another one or 2 after they throw the FBs? Maybe with a homebuilt claymore on the outside of the defense wall?

That would make the national news for a newscycle and motivate one or 2 more to maybe watch the entrance to the subdivision and maybe even meet on the village green.

Nemo

rle737ng and fflintlock like this.
  13. OWM

OWM Well-Known Member

Might be more than a few.

rle737ng likes this.
  14. OWM

OWM Well-Known Member

Be willing to bet the Title to my F150 Moe ain't too damn worried.

15. moe mensale

Never say never. The law could always be written that way. Even if it's not, there's always a handful (small or big) of politicians and/or cop administrators willing to go that extra mile to get their names & pics in the evening news. You can count on it.

At my age I tend to drive carefully but accidents do happen. Regardless, If I'm hauling around a contraband firearm, getting involved in something that attracts the law's attention may not be of primary concern at that point.

Ex-spouse. We live together. None of that will ever happen. Ever.

As I recall, old Hans got off pretty easy. The Landa's of the world deserve a bit more than an etching to remember us by.

You always post such disheartening comments when threads like this show up. I don't know if you do it to elicit certain responses or if you truly believe that the American citizen will never stand up for what's right. I guess some of us just have a different mindset than others.

16. moe mensale

My Suburban would get upset! But I appreciate the thought. :lol: