Lessons From History

Discussion in 'In the News' started by jgullock, Aug 16, 2007.

1. jgullock

jgullock Active Member

Good article on Fox website. :D

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,59866,00.html

2. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

I have read Malcolm, and I commend Malcolm. :wink:

BUT if you have not read Armed America, by Clayton Cramer, you are probably ignorant of the history of firearms in early America, even if you think you know about it.

3. Ashe

Ashe New Member

Is that the book that claimed that not that many firearms were owned by citizens during Americas early years. The one that claimed that everyone had to store their weapons at armorys or some such thing?

4. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Nope. It is the book written by the man who exposed that book as a fraud.

It is well worth reading. Get a copy!
    :D

5. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

I want one.

6. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

I wonder if my local library will have a copy. :roll:

7. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Several books advocating gun control...surprise surprise...

8. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

You mean the GSU library?

lol

9. Ashe

Ashe New Member

I want to write a book.

I'll call it "All for the Children, how the Democratic party betrayed America"

10. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

I didn't even bother looking there.

11. Macktee

Macktee New Member

If you had said, "How politicians betrayed America", I'd fully agree. Unfortunately, it's not just the Democrats.

I am turning into a truly grumpy old man in that I do not trust any politician. They will say anything to get elected and do anything to get reelected. No elected official is protecting our interests, only their own. While the Dems pander more to the anti-gun crowd, the Repubs are not really defending our rights. At least no more than the bare minimum they believe is necessary to be... (you guessed it!!!)

ELECTED AND THEN REELECTED...!!!

Arghh! :puke:

12. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

wut he sed.

13. Ashe

Ashe New Member

I honestly believe its really more a matter of the Republicans see that they are losing ground to the democrats so they start trying to find out how to regain some of that lost ground by imitating the Dem's. BY this point what passes for a republican would have been called a democrat 100 years ago, and the Real Right winger Republicans are closer to where the party has drifted from.

While I dislike most of the politicians that are in office right now some I think are okay. But another huge issue has been the moral decay of the American society. And I see the brainwashing every single day on television, A recent episode of "The Unit" had as a "surprise" ending the fact that two Army Corpsmen in WWII were gay lovers. Every single episode of CSI touts the democratic Idea that all guns should be registered.
    There is a LGBT(Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transvestite) Channel on Cable TV now. I had flipped it to a program called On the Issues, thinking it was more like a Hannity and Combs sort of show, and the discussion this day was how they need to get LGBT sensitivity training required in Middle schools, how and I quote "We need to tell the children that it's OKAY to be LGBT as early as possible before they can be taught otherwise."
    Now I don't know about most people but I don't want my children even learning about straight sex at school. As a father it is my responsibility to teach my son many things in life, of these Values, Morals, and Respect are the most important, but Sex Ed is also one of those things, and if I do my job and teach him Values, Morals, and Respect then the Sex Talk won't be needed at least until high School.

I am not Gay, I don't hate Gays. I've had several LGBT's as fairly close freinds. My rule when dealing with them on a personal level is "I don't bother you, you don't bother me. I will not approve of the behavior but I won't hate you because you do it. Kinda like smoking.