Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In a little less than an hour James Comey will more than likely be making a statement announcing and end to the investigation into Hillary Clinton thus paving the way for her successful run for the POTUS ....

I sure hope that my prediction is proven wrong. :-(

·
Man of Myth and Legend
15,174 Posts
I suspect he may announce his resignation. Due to the lack of indictment sought by the AUSA that was given the results yesterday. That would be the 2nd best thing that could happen.

Of course announcing the indictment would be first.

Anyone keeping an eye on hiLIARy to make sure she does not run and hide in Iran?

Nemo

·
Registered
10,809 Posts
A lot happening lately - between Hillary's meeting with the FBI and Bill's meeting with the US AG. Sounds like some final deal making to me. I would like to believe that justice would be served but I suspect that, "in the interest of justice", they'll announce that, while there was poor handling of sensitive information, no criminal actions or intent are associated with Hillary. Taking her down would likely topple a lot of the government - particularly if we were digging into the Clinton Foundation.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
If anyone here thinks that HRC will be brought up on ANY charges needs to stop smoking crack...that shiznat is bad for you.

Between HRC and his husband Bill, they should have already been sentenced to about 2,000 years in prison but guess what? Yeah, untouchable. They are my generation's Kennedy family.

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,905 Posts
Some insiders in the Clinton Foundation need to start spilling some beans. It's now or never ladies and gentlemen.

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,905 Posts
Politicians will protect their enemies if it means covering their own butts.

Edit: Just now saw Comey's recommendation to not prosecute. What did I just tell y'all?

·
Registered
398 Posts
There might be a God after all. This is a major hit for the Hildabeast ... Comey is the man!

Oops! I might have spoken to soon.
the unlikely wild card in this is the Obamas' (especially Michelle's) hatred of HRC. Perhaps Michelle is the one calling the shots on this and in order to secure her own future bid for the POTUS she and her husband are "standing up for justice"!!

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,905 Posts
So let's see, exposing top secret subject matter via email when you "should have known better" makes it alright to not prosecute, just because there was "no deliberate attempt to violate the law"?

For crying out loud, ISIS, China, or Russia could have these emails now!

"Officer, you can't give me a ticket. I didn't mean to speed. My foot just slipped off the brake."

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,905 Posts
Hilary will be desperate now to become President. If Trump wins, he will have her prosecuted.

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
So let's see, exposing top secret subject matter via email when you "should have known better" makes it alright to not prosecute, just because there was "no deliberate attempt to violate the law"?

For crying out loud, ISIS, China, or Russia could have these emails now!

"Officer, you can't give me a ticket. I didn't mean to speed. My foot just slipped off the brake."
Whoever, being an officer, employee, contractor, or consultant of the United States, and, by virtue of his office, employment, position, or contract, becomes possessed of documents or materials containing classified information of the United States, knowingly removes such documents or materials without authority and with the intent to retain such documents or materials at an unauthorized location shall be fined under this title or imprisoned for not more than one year, or both.
In many crimes, intent does matter in determining if the action was a violation of the law. Speeding is not one of them however.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
If anyone here thinks that HRC will be brought up on ANY charges needs to stop smoking crack...that shiznat is bad for you.

Between HRC and his husband Bill, they should have already been sentenced to about 2,000 years in prison but guess what? Yeah, untouchable. They are my generation's Kennedy family.
I'll say it again. IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN. IT DIDN'T YESTERDAY. IT DIDN'T TODAY and it won't happen TOMORROW. NEVER.

·
Registered
7,927 Posts
Just being practical, not worth a prosecution if no chance of conviction.

No DC grand jury would indict, due to an intentionally weak presentation by a DOJ flunky and the make up of the grand jury.
And if by miracle it got to a real trial, there's a real jury - again no hope of conviction.

He did warn others that there can be administrative sanctions against little people/employees (what I'm hearing: fine, demote, revoke sec clearance but HRC does not work for any Gov agency so can't touch her

I do hope the Clinton Foundation is still under review, sorry "investigation" - that is the thing that stinks the most.

·
انا باتمان
11,745 Posts
So last week Gowdy announced nothing new in linking Benghazi to Clinton, this week no charges for her email server.

Last week rumors of Gowdy betraying conservatives, now talk of the FBI being politically motivated.

With Trump doing everything he can to make sure she is elected, not sure what else can be done.....

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
if someone does x. They make attempts to hide the fact of them doing x. How is there no intention of doing x?

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
if someone does x. They make attempts to hide the fact of them doing x. How is there no intention of doing x?
If you accidentally kill someone, then hide the fact that you accidentally killed them, you would still not be guilty of premeditated murder as it requires intent (though, in that case the DA could charge you with other crimes that don't require intent, but there aren't really redundant statutes regarding mishandling classified material to cover intentional or negligent actions like there are for causing someone's death).

Most of the crimes she "could" be charged with (regarding classified material/email etc) require that what she did "at the time" was a violation of the law and that she intended to carry out the acts which violated the law.

If you hand classified information to someone you know works for the Chinese embassy you've almost certainly intended to divulge classified information and a reasonable jury would likely agree.

If you hand the same information to someone you think is allowed to have access, however, then it's really tough to prove that you intended to give unauthorized access to the information.

If your lawyer told you it was probably legal before you ever did it (or some other person who's "expertise" you trusted), then proving intent to commit a crime is probably impossible as you had reason to believe it wasn't a crime at all when you did it. Of course, that doesn't apply to many crimes which don't require specific intent.

·
Swollen Member
11,969 Posts
In essence, in order to give Mrs. Clinton a pass, the FBI rewrote the statute, inserting an intent element that Congress did not require. The added intent element, moreover, makes no sense: The point of having a statute that criminalizes gross negligence is to underscore that government officials have a special obligation to safeguard national defense secrets; when they fail to carry out that obligation due to gross negligence, they are guilty of serious wrongdoing. The lack of intent to harm our country is irrelevant. People never intend the bad things that happen due to gross negligence. I would point out, moreover, that there are other statutes that criminalize unlawfully removing and transmitting highly classified information with intent to harm the United States. Being not guilty (and, indeed, not even accused) of Offense B does not absolve a person of guilt on Offense A, which she has committed.

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/437479/fbi-rewrites-federal-law-let-hillary-hook
My mantra: Whenever government agents act in an official capacity, they are immune to prosecution.

1 - 20 of 117 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.