Less Than An Hour Until HC Is Cleared To Be President ...

Discussion in 'Off-topic Political' started by MadisonCountyGa, Jul 5, 2016.

1. MadisonCountyGa

MadisonCountyGa Member

In a little less than an hour James Comey will more than likely be making a statement announcing and end to the investigation into Hillary Clinton thus paving the way for her successful run for the POTUS ....

I sure hope that my prediction is proven wrong. :-(

2. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

I suspect he may announce his resignation. Due to the lack of indictment sought by the AUSA that was given the results yesterday. That would be the 2nd best thing that could happen.

Of course announcing the indictment would be first.

Anyone keeping an eye on hiLIARy to make sure she does not run and hide in Iran?

Nemo

3. RedDawnTheMusical

RedDawnTheMusical Well-Known Member

A lot happening lately - between Hillary's meeting with the FBI and Bill's meeting with the US AG. Sounds like some final deal making to me. I would like to believe that justice would be served but I suspect that, "in the interest of justice", they'll announce that, while there was poor handling of sensitive information, no criminal actions or intent are associated with Hillary. Taking her down would likely topple a lot of the government - particularly if we were digging into the Clinton Foundation.

4. GM404

GM404 Well-Known Member

If anyone here thinks that HRC will be brought up on ANY charges needs to stop smoking crack...that shiznat is bad for you.

Between HRC and his husband Bill, they should have already been sentenced to about 2,000 years in prison but guess what? Yeah, untouchable. They are my generation's Kennedy family.

5. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

Some insiders in the Clinton Foundation need to start spilling some beans. It's now or never ladies and gentlemen.

6. jato

jato New Member

I'm not a happy camper.

7. Phil1979

Politicians will protect their enemies if it means covering their own butts.

Edit: Just now saw Comey's recommendation to not prosecute. What did I just tell y'all?

Last edited: Jul 5, 2016
  8. MadisonCountyGa

MadisonCountyGa Member

There might be a God after all. This is a major hit for the Hildabeast ... Comey is the man!

Oops! I might have spoken to soon.

9. btseagle98

btseagle98 Member

the unlikely wild card in this is the Obamas' (especially Michelle's) hatred of HRC. Perhaps Michelle is the one calling the shots on this and in order to secure her own future bid for the POTUS she and her husband are "standing up for justice"!!

10. Phil1979

So let's see, exposing top secret subject matter via email when you "should have known better" makes it alright to not prosecute, just because there was "no deliberate attempt to violate the law"?

For crying out loud, ISIS, China, or Russia could have these emails now!

"Officer, you can't give me a ticket. I didn't mean to speed. My foot just slipped off the brake."

11. Phil1979

Hilary will be desperate now to become President. If Trump wins, he will have her prosecuted.

12. jlcnuke

jlcnuke New Member

In many crimes, intent does matter in determining if the action was a violation of the law. Speeding is not one of them however.

13. GM404

GM404 Well-Known Member

I'll say it again. IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN. IT DIDN'T YESTERDAY. IT DIDN'T TODAY and it won't happen TOMORROW. NEVER.

14. NTA

NTA Well-Known Member

Just being practical, not worth a prosecution if no chance of conviction.

No DC grand jury would indict, due to an intentionally weak presentation by a DOJ flunky and the make up of the grand jury.
    And if by miracle it got to a real trial, there's a real jury - again no hope of conviction.

He did warn others that there can be administrative sanctions against little people/employees (what I'm hearing: fine, demote, revoke sec clearance but HRC does not work for any Gov agency so can't touch her

I do hope the Clinton Foundation is still under review, sorry "investigation" - that is the thing that stinks the most.

15. GM404

GM404 Well-Known Member

Yep...they will get to right after Benghazi.

16. bdee

bdee انا باتمان

So last week Gowdy announced nothing new in linking Benghazi to Clinton, this week no charges for her email server.

Last week rumors of Gowdy betraying conservatives, now talk of the FBI being politically motivated.

With Trump doing everything he can to make sure she is elected, not sure what else can be done.....

17. a_springfield

a_springfield Well-Known Member

if someone does x. They make attempts to hide the fact of them doing x. How is there no intention of doing x?

18. jlcnuke

jlcnuke New Member

If you accidentally kill someone, then hide the fact that you accidentally killed them, you would still not be guilty of premeditated murder as it requires intent (though, in that case the DA could charge you with other crimes that don't require intent, but there aren't really redundant statutes regarding mishandling classified material to cover intentional or negligent actions like there are for causing someone's death).

Most of the crimes she "could" be charged with (regarding classified material/email etc) require that what she did "at the time" was a violation of the law and that she intended to carry out the acts which violated the law.

If you hand classified information to someone you know works for the Chinese embassy you've almost certainly intended to divulge classified information and a reasonable jury would likely agree.

If you hand the same information to someone you think is allowed to have access, however, then it's really tough to prove that you intended to give unauthorized access to the information.

If your lawyer told you it was probably legal before you ever did it (or some other person who's "expertise" you trusted), then proving intent to commit a crime is probably impossible as you had reason to believe it wasn't a crime at all when you did it. Of course, that doesn't apply to many crimes which don't require specific intent.

19. Mrs_Esterhouse

Mrs_Esterhouse Swollen Member

My mantra: Whenever government agents act in an official capacity, they are immune to prosecution.