Georgiapacking.org banner

21 - 40 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
417 Posts
Scary stuff. Does anybody have a link to that pen mic again? I'm starting to get paranoid here. I don't know if I can afford the camera setup, but maybe a little pen device might not be too much money...
 

·
Token Liberal Hippie
Joined
·
13,680 Posts
ntech said:
Scary stuff. Does anybody have a link to that pen mic again? I'm starting to get paranoid here. I don't know if I can afford the camera setup, but maybe a little pen device might not be too much money...
I'm going to Radio Shack tomorrow for a voice recorder. They have one by Olympus with 27 hours of record time for $80.
 

·
Romans 10:13
Joined
·
4,611 Posts
Malum Prohibitum said:
Wiley said:
Also saw the "chief" complaining about the guy having a camera in his car.
:shock:
I saw this on Foxnews and the interview the the PC. The PC also said (if I remember correctly) that this guy was setting up his officer. :shock:
 

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
Joined
·
28,012 Posts
Suspicious?

I don't know the details of this, but if someone is just sitting in their car at a MARTA park-n-ride lot at 2 a.m., that's unusual. If a train or bus comes and goes without the person trying to board it or meet anybody getting off of it, that's a lot more suspicious. The police should observe what's going on and ask questions. Of course the citizen does not have to answer, and is free to just walk away or ignore the officer. This is the very definition of a first-tier citizen-officer encounter. If the citizen has been temporarily detained, then this restriction on his liberty has to be justified with at least reasonable, articulable suspicion, and the detention has to be temporary for a brief investigation. And even then, I still don't think the citizen has to say anything. Maybe he would have a duty to give his correct name and DOB so that the officer could run a warrants check on him. Refusing to give that info might be the basis for misdemeanor obstruction, if there was R.A.S. to temporarily detain him in the first place. That's my guess anyway.
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
68,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Re: Suspicious?

gunsmoker said:
I don't know the details of this, but if someone is just sitting in their car at a MARTA park-n-ride lot at 2 a.m. . . .
Well, watch the video and get some details. See how long he is "sitting" or acting suspicious in the parking lot.

The officer later changes his story and said the driver failed to use his turn signal.

The driver is definitely not free to walk away. Flashing blue lights and a demand for a drivers license, followed by "What did I do?" (which the officer interprets as some sort of insult intended to "piss me off") followed by an order to exit the vehicle followed by challenges to fight, essentially. He is NOT free to leave.

I do not think anybody here has commented on the subject of PC or RS, but rather on the conduct of the officer and his noticeable absence of all self control.
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
68,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Like I said, "Watch the video." :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,313 Posts
kkennett said:
The turn signal can plainly be seen being used.
Correct, he did use the signal. The question remains was the signal lamp working... did anyone notice if there was a reflection of light from outside the vehicle from the turn signal.

I'm confident that it worked and that the officer was pulling stuff out of his hat... but I like to be thorough.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,313 Posts
gsusnake said:
ntech said:
Scary stuff. Does anybody have a link to that pen mic again? I'm starting to get paranoid here. I don't know if I can afford the camera setup, but maybe a little pen device might not be too much money...
I'm going to Radio Shack tomorrow for a voice recorder. They have one by Olympus with 27 hours of record time for $80.
Here's another solution:

iPod Nano

And this guy:

http://www.xtrememac.com/audio/earphone ... /index.php

This solution is best affordable if you already have the iPod, otherwise it would be more cost effective to pick a different solution.

There is also a similar solution for the regular iPod.

Also, if you have a PDA phone, there may exist software to turn it into a voice recorder.
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
16,485 Posts
AeroShooter said:
gsusnake said:
ntech said:
Scary stuff. Does anybody have a link to that pen mic again? I'm starting to get paranoid here. I don't know if I can afford the camera setup, but maybe a little pen device might not be too much money...
I'm going to Radio Shack tomorrow for a voice recorder. They have one by Olympus with 27 hours of record time for $80.
Here's another solution:

iPod Nano

And this guy:

http://www.xtrememac.com/audio/earphone ... /index.php

This solution is best affordable if you already have the iPod, otherwise it would be more cost effective to pick a different solution.

There is also a similar solution for the regular iPod.

Also, if you have a PDA phone, there may exist software to turn it into a voice recorder.
Note: that doesn't work on the nano 1G, just nano 2G and 3G, video, classic, Touch, and iPhone.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,313 Posts
budder said:
AeroShooter said:
gsusnake said:
ntech said:
Scary stuff. Does anybody have a link to that pen mic again? I'm starting to get paranoid here. I don't know if I can afford the camera setup, but maybe a little pen device might not be too much money...
I'm going to Radio Shack tomorrow for a voice recorder. They have one by Olympus with 27 hours of record time for $80.
Here's another solution:

iPod Nano

And this guy:

http://www.xtrememac.com/audio/earphone ... /index.php

This solution is best affordable if you already have the iPod, otherwise it would be more cost effective to pick a different solution.

There is also a similar solution for the regular iPod.

Also, if you have a PDA phone, there may exist software to turn it into a voice recorder.
Note: that doesn't work on the nano 1G, just nano 2G and 3G, video, classic, Touch, and iPhone.
More specifically, this particular product is for the second generation Nano, regardless of memory size. One should always examine the technical specifications before purchasing...

They do have other products available if one has a different iPod...

iPhones should be able to find a software solution...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,609 Posts
GeorgiaGlocker said:
Malum Prohibitum said:
Wiley said:
Also saw the "chief" complaining about the guy having a camera in his car.
:shock:
I saw this on Foxnews and the interview the the PC. The PC also said (if I remember correctly) that this guy was setting up his officer. :shock:
That was the one.

What with the Georgia police cheifs' accusing the General Assembly of 'not having anything better to do' and this bozo in StL, I'm begining to get an intense dislike of 'cheifs'.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,033 Posts
I had no beef with the office right up until he lost his flippin' marbles.

This guy should be removed from the force.
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
68,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
M249 said:
I had no beef with the office right up until he lost his flippin' marbles.
Which was when, oh, about the third time he spoke?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,139 Posts
The young fellow really missed his chance to get this officer fired by filing a complaint and posting the video. Here's the way to fix this guy up:

Sue him for a civil rights violation under USC 1983
Take his deposition or testimony under oath wherein he denies everything clearly and explicitly
Now play tape
Win suit/have perjury charges filed, etc. (Probably not much money in it, though)
Give video to anybody else ever arrested by this guy with any sort of credibility argument. Talk about impeachment. This guy wouldn't be able to make a parking ticket stick on his credibility.
Watch officer be fired for total inability to achieve criminal convictions.

Now that, my friends, is setting him up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,313 Posts
kkennett said:
The young fellow really missed his chance to get this officer fired by filing a complaint and posting the video. Here's the way to fix this guy up:

Sue him for a civil rights violation under USC 1983
Take his deposition or testimony under oath wherein he denies everything clearly and explicitly
Now play tape
Win suit/have perjury charges filed, etc. (Probably not much money in it, though)
Give video to anybody else ever arrested by this guy with any sort of credibility argument. Talk about impeachment. This guy wouldn't be able to make a parking ticket stick on his credibility.
Watch officer be fired for total inability to achieve criminal convictions.

Now that, my friends, is setting him up.
I find your treachery intriguing and wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,103 Posts
Officer #1: It's called... When you go home and you want to tell everybody, first thing you tell em, you were pulled over because you were a suspicious vehicle. In the State of Missouri, we have the right to stop anybody walking for a pat check, or stop a suspicious vehicle anytime. Okay? That was my probable cause. And this parking lot, as a matter of fact, what's this parking lot called?

WOW :shock: [/quote]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,981 Posts
gsusnake said:
ntech said:
Scary stuff. Does anybody have a link to that pen mic again? I'm starting to get paranoid here. I don't know if I can afford the camera setup, but maybe a little pen device might not be too much money...
I'm going to Radio Shack tomorrow for a voice recorder. They have one by Olympus with 27 hours of record time for $80.
I purchased a recorder a few weeks back from WalMart. It was like 40 bucks and has software and a USB cable to download to a computer. Works great and sound quality is very good.
 
21 - 40 of 92 Posts
Top