1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
American
3,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,904 Posts
I thought the "only ones professional enough" would know to UNLOAD your firearm before installing accessories. Who knew?

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
But they are a safe action pistol.

Sounds like he had his booger hook on the bang switch, not glocks fault. In fact it performed as intended.

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,904 Posts
Yep.

Sounds like he would have had a good cause to sue if he pulled the trigger on a loaded Glock and it DIDN'T go bang.

But they are a safe action pistol.

Sounds like he had his booger hook on the bang switch, not glocks fault. In fact it performed as intended.

·
Registered
9,360 Posts

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,900 Posts
Not the sharpest tool in the shed

·
Junior Butt Warmer
46,427 Posts
Jones, though, claims the gun was sold to him "in a defective condition which rendered (it) unreasonably dangerous."

What is the defective condition? The lack of a manual safety.
Somehow a warning label would have prevented this?

Those who see this as a frivolous lawsuit point out that Jones should have unloaded the gun before attempting to install a light on the GLOCK's rail. And that he shouldn't have pulled the trigger, either way. And that he should have kept the gun pointed in a safe direction, regardless.

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,519 Posts
Glock just needs to say that their guns are only designed to be carried with an empty chamber, and thus anybody doing otherwise is misusing the product in a way that cuts off any liability to the manufacturer.

Speaking of stupid products liability lawsuits, check out the handhold cut-outs on these boxes of industrial bleach that are called access openings.
As if you you could "access" a foot tall gallon jug in the box through the little 1.5" x 3" slot.

Attachments

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,900 Posts
After reading the article, I've come to have hope this man will get a Darwin award, so as to not taint the gene pool any further. We don't need any more stupid down here.

·
Registered
10,809 Posts
I think if I shot myself in the foot, especially doing something stupid like working on a loaded firearm, I'd keep my mouth shut. The fact that he didn't do that and, even carried it further to make a public spectacle about it by filing a lawsuit with his name on it, tells us all we need to know about this guy - LEO or not.

·
American
3,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I wonder what the other LEOs think of him. Perhaps he's earned a new nick name? Naw, that wouldn't be fair to Barney. Barney never actually shot himself, plenty of ADs but not SIWs.

·
GeePeeDoHolic
6,413 Posts
Glock just needs to say that their guns are only designed to be carried with an empty chamber, and thus anybody doing otherwise is misusing the product in a way that cuts off any liability to the manufacturer.

Speaking of stupid products liability lawsuits, check out the handhold cut-outs on these boxes of industrial bleach that are called access openings.
As if you you could "access" a foot tall gallon jug in the box through the little 1.5" x 3" slot.
I believe that "access" is "way to pull forward out of cabinet/cubby hole to expose top for access."

People often think they can cover their mistake by pinning something on someone else. That's almost natural for the cop in this case; for every case like this, I think the lawyer pushing it is the one more stupid. What does he think is going to happen?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts