Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I couldn't determine which category this should fall under since this is a non-ecountern. so I will leave it to the moderator to decide.

I was running several errands after work today with the last stop being the Publix at Powder Springs road and New Macland. I was picking up a few items for dinner when I noticed a male police officer in uniform shopping. Anytime I see someone with a holster I naturally observe what kind of sidearm they are carrying.

To my surprise and curiosity, I saw that the holster was empty. I couldn't see which department he was from and I resisted engaging him in conversation as the store was packed with customers and this was this my fourth stop on my way home, and he looked that he had a long day as well.

I am curious if there is some sort of police department policy when off duty and I can't remember if Publix has a 'suggested' no open carry request. Although LEO has cart blanche to carry pretty much anywhere, I found it odd that he was unarmed.

Reactions: WoodyUSSLUCE

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pretty sure that he was regular LEO. Where I work, both police and security people come through our store. I did a double take when I first saw him, noting his uniform. Doubt anyone but LEO can wear a POLICE back patch. I really wanted to work my way towards him but he was moving at a brisk pace.

Still a weird experience.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts