LEO denied right to vote because of his sidearm

Discussion in 'Off-topic Political' started by drtybykr, Nov 1, 2010.

1. drtybykr

drtybykr New Member

2. tmoore912

tmoore912 Just a Man

Update at the above link.

This election warden must have a very twisted perspective on guns. :screwy:

3. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

If I can't carry there, then the officer should not be able to, either. If an officer can carry there, then regular lowly citizens should be able to carry there, too.

4. freeman101

freeman101 New Member

That is what I was thinking also!

5. seajay

seajay NRA Certified Instructor

I'm surprised no on mentioned he was on the clock when he decided to take paid time to go vote. No he should not be afforded any courtesy us ordinary citizens are. He is no better and not some sort of special citizen.

6. CoffeeMate

CoffeeMate Junior Butt Warmer

I don't see what the issue is. He only had to surrender it to another police officer for a brief period of time in the interests of polling worker safety.

Aren't we always told to "get over it" and to "see the bigger picture" and that in the larger scheme of things, we "don't matter"?

Doesn't the good police officer see that as long as the Election Warden got to go home that night, that's all that really matters?

[/sarcasm]

7. CoffeeMate

Perhaps voting is part of a police officer's official duties in Maine?

8. CoffeeMate

For those who didn't click the link, there is a poll...

9. SheriffOconee

SheriffOconee New Member

I read the article twice, and watched the video, is there evidence that a regular, lowly citizen was turned away, armed or otherwise?????

10. {TEX}Hawaii((

{TEX}Hawaii(( New Member

That was my first thought as well.

11. SheriffOconee

SheriffOconee New Member

That was my first thought as well.[/quote:30b1jb9l]

Why is that?? There isn't anything in this story about regular lowly citizens being turned away from voting, armed or not??

12. drtybykr

drtybykr New Member

Why is that?? There isn't anything in this story about regular lowly citizens being turned away from voting, armed or not??[/quote:39bng0gt]

You think if they turn away an armed uniformed LEO, they will let an armed"regular lowly citizen" vote? :screwy:

13. SheriffOconee

SheriffOconee New Member

we have no idea now, do we. We don't know who, or if, anyone else had been turned away. Maybe the Election Warden hates cops??
    Maybe he hates THIS cop??
    The only evidence from the report is that an armed officer was turned away, and that apparently it isn't legal for him to do so, if you believe the research that someone else did for the news report.

It is strange that so many people reach such a strange conclusion about regular lowly citizens, when regular lowly citizens aren't even mentioned..... :screwy: :screwy: :screwy: :screwy:

14. CoffeeMate

Singleing out and turning away someone who was armed, simply because they were armed, is mentioned, Sheriff.

15. Priest

Priest New Member

I believe it started with MPs comment... and his is correct. He said "If I can't carry there....", the State of GA will not allow it for citizens, just for those with 16-11-130 exemptions.

16. CountryGun

CountryGun New Member

Before someone jumps in, and cites a "Federal law", is there such a thing? Begging' for it, ain't I? :shattered:

Are weapons allowed in polling places in those three states with Constitutional carry?

17. SheriffOconee

SheriffOconee New Member

But he wasn't a regular lowly citizen now, was he Coffeemate?? He turned away a uniformed police officer.
    This has nothing to do with a regular lowly citizen.
    If you want to be indignant that an armed cop got turned away, then go ahead.
    To make it about something else without a shred of evidence that armed regular lowly citizens were turned away is a big stretch......

18. SheriffOconee

SheriffOconee New Member

last I looked, Bangor was in Maine.....

19. seajay

seajay NRA Certified Instructor

Personally I don't have a problem with LEO's carrying anywhere. Even to vote. Then I don't have a problem with anyone carrying anywhere. Even to vote.

20. legacy38

legacy38 Well-Known Member

Peace officer status is irrelevant here.

Sticklers as most folks here are for the letter of the law and its enforcement, I figured y'all would be upset about a poll worker applying some "law" that ins't a law to a situation.

How is this any different from some cop not knowing the carry laws? How does the fact that this guy is a cop have anything to do with it?