LEO Counseling Session

Discussion in 'Holsters / Method of Carry' started by Runn'n&Gunn'n, Nov 30, 2010.

1. Runn'n&Gunn'n

Runn'n&Gunn'n New Member

I'm going to preface this by leaving out the city because it's a small town and I don't want to quote anyone without thier consent. A friend of mine is a deputy, and another friend is a city cop. We were talking, and I showed them my new .380. 90% of the time, I carry either the .380 or a NAA .22 mag mini revolver. I do have a couple of 1911's and a glock. They started razzin' me about carrying the smaller ones when I have .45's sitting in the house. I said "because they are more comfortable to carry and easier to conceal." They said "so what's your point, just OC them then?" One said "that's like riding a moped when you have a Harley in the garage". Then they asked why I even paid for a permit if I'm not going to use it (OC). Some more comments were made about trading them the .45's for a pocket knife or slingshot (because they are even easier to conceal). It was all in fun, but it made me feel good to know thier point of view on OC.

2. Hock25

Hock25 New Member

So your cured, then? OC the big 'uns... :)

3. BG_Atl

BG_Atl Active Member

Wow.... guess your county issues those elusive Open Carry permits... 'cause we all know that CC is legal w/o.. :shock:

btw - we heard similar very strange comments while at the recruiting table this past weekend... "OC is legal w/o a permit", or "you only need a permit to OC" and folks were telling us they got some of these conflicting answers from LEO's...

4. Hock25

Hock25 New Member

Wow.... guess your county issues those elusive Open Carry permits... 'cause we all know that CC is legal w/o.. :shock:

btw - we heard similar very strange comments while at the recruiting table this past weekend... "OC is legal w/o a permit", or "you only need a permit to OC" and folks were telling us they got some of these conflicting answers from LEO's...[/quote:2odsdo69]

I interpreted this differently. My take from the OP was the LEOs thought he should carry the correct gun, versus just carrying a mouse gun because he could comfortably conceal it.

5. BG_Atl

BG_Atl Active Member

I got that part too... but either one still requires a GWL and the statement (as relayed) would seem to indicate an alternate opinion... supported by what is passed on at the shows

6. CountryGun

CountryGun New Member

The guys who manned the NRA table, at one of our last shows in Augusta, were telling everyone that OC was legal without a license. :screwy:

7. ET.

ET. Active Member

I agree. I think the LEOs were saying...Look your permit allows you to OC as well as CC, so why would you restrict yourself to the smaller caliber guns just because they are easier to conceal. Carry what you feel safe with even if you have to OC it. The weapons permit allows you to do it.

8. Runn'n&Gunn'n

Runn'n&Gunn'n New Member

This is correct--they are pro-carry period, and couldn't understand why I would go with less gun just because I wouldn't OC.

9. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

Better to have a big gun and not need it, than to have a little gun and need the big one. :lol:

10. CoffeeMate

CoffeeMate Junior Butt Warmer

You could always carry them both. :whistle:

11. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

Sounds like very good LEOs to me! :righton:

12. Paladin

Paladin Fattus Patrickus

Some things are worth a bit of discomfort.

13. Runn'n&Gunn'n

Runn'n&Gunn'n New Member

You know...I like how you think

14. Savvy Jack

Savvy Jack Banned

yeah, its hard to conceal a hogleg!

15. budone1967

budone1967 Die Hard GCO Recruiter

I have heard the same thing from atleast one person at every gun show I've worked :screwy: