LEO Carry Mod to HR 218

Discussion in 'Firearm Related' started by Malum Prohibitum, Sep 29, 2007.

1. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Has anybody seen that a congressman from Vermont has added an amendment to one of the gun control bills increasing the effectiveness of the HR 218 bill that permitted LEO national carry? The amendment also lowers the time served down to ten years from, I think, 15.

FOP is supporting.

I am sure that after this gets passed, the FOP will be pushing for the rest of us to get national carry . . . right?

2. gizmo5

gizmo5 New Member

:pointlol: :pointlol: :pointlol:

:goodpost:

3. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

In fairness, though, I would like to see the amendment stick.

(1) This is painful for the people supporting the gun control bill.

(2) If it were to pass, I could personally carry in Manhattan, Chicago, DC, and Hawaii . . .

Frankly, somebody needs to attach something painful every time a gun control bill is introduced. That is what happened to us with the FOPA and the machine gun ban in 1986.

Nancy Pelosi is already vowing it will come out and the bill will pass cleanly.

4. gizmo5

gizmo5 New Member

I would like to see it pass as well, but I would rather see it for everyone. It will only be a good move if it eventually leads to EVERYONE being looked at as the same.

By me having the luxury of 16-11-130 I am greatful, but I would like it to be the same for EVERYONE.

HR218 is a larger scale version of GA 130. I only hope that LEO's feel the same way I do, and thats to work towards getting that freedom to everyone and not just sit back and say "Well Im good to go, sucks to be you"

:wink:

5. Firearmz

Firearmz New Member

:jawdropper: :pointlol: :pointlol: :pointlol: :pointlol: :pointlol: :pointlol: :pointlol: :pointlol: :pointlol: :pointlol: :pointlol: :pointlol: :pointlol: :pointlol: :pointlol: :pointlol: :pointlol: