1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Foot & leg? So was that two shots or just one? :lol: I imagine some kind of "Ricky Bobby" scenario where he tried to dislodge the first bullet with with the second. :scared:

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
A Serpa holster maybe & a finger that got away?

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Puffyfish said:
A Serpa holster maybe & a finger that got away?
I love my Serpa...besides if his finger was in the wrong place on the Serpa, it could have in the wrong place with any other holster and caused the ND.

·
Registered
10,809 Posts
That's unfortunate (for lack of a better word that is a little more graphic). I hope that he's alright. He'll take a lot of crap from his peers, but hopefully that is the worst of it and he makes a full recovery.

·
Banned
9,358 Posts
Viking said:
DeKalb Police Department spokeswoman Mekka Parish told the AJC that the officer accidentally shot himself in the leg and foot at a shooting range.
http://west.m-w.com/medical/accidentally

ac·ci·dent noun
\?ak-s?d-?nt, -s?-?dent; ?aks-d?nt\
Definition of ACCIDENT

1:an unfortunate event resulting from carelessness, unawareness, ignorance, or a combination of causes
Well it was not unawareness, he knew the gun was loaded. It was not ignorance, he knew the gun would fire if trigger was pulled. Only one left is CARELESSNESS. If a bystander had been killed, it would have been involuntary man slaughter?

In the mean time I hope he gets well soon :oops:

·
Registered
194 Posts
IIRC didn't DeKalb just change over from Berettas to M&P's. I do wonder if this was result of not being familiar with the new weapons system. Most negligent discharges I have read of with Glock style triggers have happened while holstering.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Mike J said:
IIRC didn't DeKalb just change over from Berettas to M&P's. I do wonder if this was result of not being familiar with the new weapons system. Most negligent discharges I have read of with Glock style triggers have happened while holstering.
What is different about the glock style trigger that causes nd?

·
Banned
9,358 Posts
Mike J said:
If so then still, why did he have his finger on the trigger while holstering? At all for that matter if not shooting at something?

·
Registered
194 Posts
From what I have read of negligent discharges with this type of trigger system most happen while reholstering. These types of guns have a lighter shorter pull than a traditional Double Action pistol and the only safety is on the trigger. I am not criticizing the design. I was merely wondering if his not being used to a Glock type trigger may have contributed.

Yep you are right Savvy Jack however it happened it was most likely a matter of operator error.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Mike J said:
From what I have read of negligent discharges with this type of trigger system most happen while reholstering. These types of guns have a lighter shorter pull than a traditional Double Action pistol and the only safety is on the trigger. I am not criticizing the design. I was merely wondering if his not being used to a Glock type trigger may have contributed.

Yep you are right Savvy Jack however it happened it was most likely a matter of operator error.
Why I like the trigger and grip safety.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts