Legalize Confiscation

Discussion in 'National Laws, Bills and Politics' started by johnski, May 11, 2016.

1. johnski

johnski Well-Known Member

2. CoffeeMate

CoffeeMate Junior Butt Warmer

Looks as though simple firearm ownership is sufficient grounds for considering whether or not to issue a confiscation order. So is existence of a prior confiscation order.

3. CoffeeMate

So basically they knock on your door, throw a piece of paper at your feet, mutter "Served", then barge in and start swiping stuff.

I wonder how long the Petitioner can delay the hearing?

4. CoffeeMate

It appears to also put a judge "on the spot" by requiring him/her to *explain* why they are denying the confiscation order.

First of all, this thing isn't any sort of "protective order" at all. It's a special writ.

Second, this thing requires the judge to explain the wrong thing.

5. CoffeeMate

It appears the petitioner (person trying to get the "protective order" issued) gets to decide who does the serving / confiscating too.

6. CoffeeMate

This must be the "due process" part... the person "being served" gets to submit a formal written request once per year asking for a hearing on it.

Let's keep in mind that so far no conviction is required. Heck, I don't even think a trial or charges are needed.

Last edited: May 11, 2016
  7. phaed

phaed Active Member

i'm all for this, given one stipulation: the petitioner is the one who has to confiscate the weapons, on their own.