Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
41 - 52 of 52 Posts

· Super Moderator
75,246 Posts
grayelky said:
. . . the plaintiff has a lot more leeway to make you look "blood thirsty" and just itchin' to use your fancy, tricked out gun.
"Damn right, ladies and gentlemen of the jury, that [plaintiff] lady's little cretin of a son sure picked the wrong fellow to rob at gunpoint this time!" :D

· Registered
5,798 Posts
Malum Prohibitum said:
Good response.

So, who here thinks I should or should not acquire the Hk USP Tactical in .45 for carry openly simply because it is threaded for a suppressor?

I briefly considered the Hk Mk23, but decided it is just too big and too expensive.
Hell yeah you should go for it!

Those Mk23s are HUGE, at least in my hands they are.

· Registered
3,648 Posts
Malum Prohibitum said:
I really have been thinking of acquiring an Hk USP Tactical in .45 to use in occasional competition (where I will get my butt kicked) and to carry openly.

I do not see why the threads on the barrel should matter, legally.

Yes, I will acquire a can for it, but I was not planning to carry it that way.
Why not the thing is already so big it needs a dolly to carry it on. You might as well have the supressior as well. At least it won't hurt your ears if you have to shoot.

· Registered
131 Posts
Asking me how to vote on wheather or not a fella ought to buy another gun is kinda like asking a fat girl if she wants to eat. Sure, buy it.

There are few people who would realize it was threaded anyway. If the suppressor is not on it, a thread protector will be. Besides, you will be able to hear the screams of the bad guy's friends as they run away!

· Super Moderator
75,246 Posts
ber950 said:
Why not the thing is already so big it needs a dolly to carry it on. You might as well have the supressior as well. At least it won't hurt your ears if you have to shoot.
Its not really any bigger than a 1911. I am talking about the Tactical, not the Mk23. The Tactical is based on a full size USP frame. I carry the Compact USP now, so it would not be much different - just a little bigger. It is the Mk23 that is huge, which was a requirement to meet the military specification for silent, reliable headshots at 50 yards.

· Romans 10:13
4,792 Posts
Rammstein said:
But if the issue is that the trigger pull of the Glock is being lessened I do not see how the 1911 having a manual trigger safety is material.

The issue is that because the trigger pull of the Glock is not stock (and made to require less weight for the gun to fire) that it will be scrutinized by a prosecutor. While the trigger pull of a 1911 requires even less weight to fire.

By my count, the Glock have one more safety then a 1911.
Well Ramm, for us (atleast me) being use to Glocks If I was using a 1911 and was in a life or death situation I promise you that I would forget all about taking off that trigger safety and there I'd be pulling that trigger and nothing would be happening. Since I was trained on Glocks. For me it's unholster and shoot. A 1911 would be my downfall without lots of training. I have actually shot a 1911 at the range.

· Romans 10:13
4,792 Posts
Rammstein said:
grayelky said:
the gun will be sent to the Crime lab and analyzed inside and out.
I'm fine with that. Like I've said, they are not going to realize my gun have a 3.5# connector in it nor that the contact points are polished. Besides, do you really think that they are going to take the time to detail strip my weapon and look at every last piece? I don't think they will because all they really need to do is confirm that the bullet that is in the BG is the same one from the gun and that the gun wasn't used in any other crimes.
Unless they employ a Glock Armorer. :shock:

· Registered
131 Posts
Malum Prohibitum said:
grayelky said:
If the suppressor is not on it, a thread protector will be.
What is a thread protector? I have never used nor seen one of these, to my knowledge, in spite of shooting threaded firearms without the can.
Just a "cap" to go over the threads when the can is not on. It's sole purpose is to keep the threads from getting "dinged".

· Registered
414 Posts
Rammstein said:
As long as the end result is me not in jail....
yea, but how much time and money will be spent to get that end result, though it may be a justifible shooting, the pros att. will try to make it look like you shot the bg accidently ,that you didnt mean to shot him but with the HAIR TRIGGER on your customized hand gun, you were negligent in the handling of the gun, and there for you are responsible for the ACCIDENTAL ( <----<< probly misspelled) shooting of said bg, and would probly be charged with a manslaughter charge.
and yes it has happend, and does happen.

· Registered
5,798 Posts
And when they claim my gun misfired I tell them that I intentionally fired because the BG was coming at me with [insert weapon here] and I was in fear for my life.

· Registered
3,648 Posts
Bingo

Rammstein said:
And when they claim my gun misfired I tell them that I intentionally fired because the BG was coming at me with [insert weapon here] and I was in fear for my life.
Bingo thats the answer. However its easy to mess up and say something to the effect that the gun just went off. Remember your marksmenship training. Your looking for a "Suprise Break" on the trigger pull.

Here is a link to several articles on this subject.

http://www.thegunzone.com/ayoob/magliato-ayoob.html

Yes its an old case.
Yes it happened in the gun hating NE.
Yes the lessons still apply.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.