Legal heads - Need a decipher

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by papacarry, Jul 9, 2017.

1. papacarry

papacarry Member

Any of legal heads or LEOs know how to decipher what punishment was handed down in this court case.

[​IMG]

2. Rugerer

Rugerer GeePeeDoHolic

Looks like $500 fine and 12+12 months "consecutive" probation to me.

ETA: Number columns are Sentenced years,months,days and Probation years,month,days.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2017

3. a_springfield

a_springfield Well-Known Member

Who is this? The guy from Tennessee?

4. papacarry

papacarry Member

5. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

My nickel says he will go play cop again and try to win out again. Next time I suspect we might be thinking if you play stupid games you can win stupid prizes while singing a dirge.

Nemo

6. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

Yeah, it looks like the practical effect of these 3 sentences is just 24 months of probation. (and the $500 fine, which might really be more like $700 after court costs and junk fees are added.)

The last sentence is "concurrent" with the others, meaning, running at the same time. So the only way that would matter is if this guy had one of his first convictions overturned on appeal or something. Otherwise, it doesn't matter and doesn't add anything to his sentence.

Note also it's a "first offender" sentence. So, if that means the same thing there as it means in Georgia, he can get this wiped off his record and considered as NOT a conviction after he's finished his probation successfully with no violations.