Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
If you haven't been to Highland Woodworking in Virginia Highland, check it out. It's a very nice, well-stocked store (and they have great Scandinavian axes as well.)

I love Highland, It's wonderful. But Liberty tool has the old stuff, often cheap. Sometimes you get really lucky.
If you haven't been to Highland Woodworking in Virginia Highland, check it out. It's a very nice, well-stocked store (and they have great Scandinavian axes as well.)

DH
I love Highland, It's wonderful. But Liberty tool has the old stuff, often cheap. Sometimes you get really lucky.
DH

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I can't swear as to the price, but I think this LL Bean Snow & Nealley Hudson Bay hatchet was under $20... back in 2008.

·
68,665 Posts

·
Senior Mumbler
6,451 Posts
I don't see anything in the Switchblade Knife Act that defines 'knife'

15 U.S. Code § 1241.Definitions

As used in this chapter—
(b)The term “switchblade knife” means any knife having a blade which opens automatically—
(1) by hand pressure applied to a button or other device in the handle of the knife, or
(2) by operation of inertia, gravity, or both.
I've never understood how assisted opening knives (of which I have a few of) skirt by the swithblade law.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,149 Posts
Anyhow, back to the OP's question in Post #1,
I'd like to see a sword that has a folding blade that pops out such that it might be classified as a switchblade knife if not for the sheer size of it.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts