LEE COUNTY

Discussion in 'Ga. County Licensing Information' started by USMC - Retired, Apr 14, 2006.

1. USMC - Retired

USMC - Retired New Member

I just got back from putting in my application at the Lee County Courthouse. The process was quick (20 min) and easy. While doing the fingerprints I asked the clerk how long it would take to get my card and she told me it could take up to three months. I asked why it takes three months when the law is that it be completed in 60 days and she said they were at the mercy of the background check time. I guess we'll see how long it really takes when my card comes in the mail. I will update this thread as I get more info.

2. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

If you have not yet read the two pages here, I would suggest it as a good starting point. http://www.georgiapacking.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=155
    :wink:

My point being, of course, that I do not believe they are "at the mercy of the background check time."

You will see why when you read the thread.

3. glocked_n_loaded

glocked_n_loaded New Member

USMC,

dont mean to burst your bubble... but i am in Muscogee county and I applied December 14, 2005, and was told the same thing 90 days, today makes 120 days and I am still waiting. There isn't much you can do besides calling and waiting.I called this week and they told me that GBI report was back, but still waiting on final FBI report, and for me to call next week and the judge might just issue it to me based solely on the GBI report and let me have my GFL then. I am keeping my fingers crossed.

4. USMC - Retired

Well today is day 60 for me, I just got off the phone with the Lee County probate court clerk and of course the story I got was the same old "Your investigation has not come back yet". So now I will send my info to the NRA so they can add me to the list of applicants that have had to wait more than 60 days for thier license.

5. USMC - Retired

98 days and still waiting.... :x

6. Malum Prohibitum

If you have not yet read the two pages here, I would suggest it as a good starting point. http://www.georgiapacking.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=155

My point being, of course, that I do not believe they are "at the mercy of the background check time."

I have just updated the post to reflect the new law on issuing firearms licenses.

7. USMC - Retired

WOO HOO! It finally got here! Only 104 days! I guess I should be glad it wasnt 140 like some here!

8. USMC - Retired

My wife received her card today. 110 days after applying. Seems Lee county is getting worse not better! :evil:

9. RIPNITZ

RIPNITZ New Member

Well CONGRATZ on you and you wife gettin the card!!! But honestly the whole background check taking time is absolute BULL$%^&
    Im working on getting into the police academy, and one of the things we have to go through is the whole background history/ driving record BS. Well needless to say, It only takes ONE bloody week to send in the paperwork to the FBI and have it sent back. Just so you know. :D

10. Malum Prohibitum

=; Nobody pay attention to this man! I have the official word on this from Muscogee County's probate court, which I reproduce for you below:

11. Taler

Taler New Member

LOL MP

Never fails to make me smile...