Leasing Agent Fired for Brandishing Shotgun...

Discussion in 'In the News' started by M249, Jun 19, 2007.

1. M249

M249 New Member

...while providing aid to a woman who had been shot.

Boortz listeners have already heard about this, but the story is at http://www.news4jax.com/news/13521635/detail.html

How dare this man actually attempt to assist a person in distress? Just because she was shot doesn't mean he needed a firearm to defend himself whilst he provided aid!

Now, while I certainly support the employers right to fire their employees, I also believe this company endangers its employees and, potentially, its residents.

The corporate web server is currently under siege by Boortz listeners expressing their "profound admiration" for the company, but their url is http://www.villagegreen.com. Feel free to send them a short note explaining how much you love their policy.

2. Sharky

Sharky New Member

I think this guy ought to be given a pat on the back for helping somebody in need in this situation. If all happened like mentioned, which was very vague, it would seem as if he possibly saved her life.

I know companies have rules and ethics, but come on already. I would have done the same thing.

Lots of questions like did he live there at the complex? Was the shotgun in the car?

All in all you have to love corporate america and its fears. He just got fired for saving a womans life, regardless of whether she deserved to get shot or not. No details are offered in the article. Who knows who she is or why she was shot. Attempted abduction, carjacking, robbery. Definitely need more details.

3. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

I listened to Boortz interview him while I was driving.

4. Sharky

Sharky New Member

Are there any transcrpits of the interview? I did not hear it. Any other details regarding the event?

5. M249

M249 New Member

Yeah, I missed that interview as well. We want details!