1 - 20 of 116 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Old, Slow, Boring Dude
2,641 Posts
This leak is the latest attempt to rally the left before the November elections.

I keep hearing the Darth Vader theme in the background... and The Empire Strikes Back comes to mind.

It's almost as if the left has millions of people ready to riot and protest at a moment's notice.

·
Registered
5,078 Posts
It's almost as if the left has millions of people ready to riot and protest at a moment's notice.
They do. Look at the protest last night outside the Court. Instant protest with nicely printed signs and all. This is all a well planned event aimed squarely at the mid-terms. Now if they can get Russia to drop a nuke on somebody.

Reactions: TimBob

·
Super Moderator
71,543 Posts
So who leaked this? That is bad, bad, bad for the Supreme Court to have leftist activists undermining the court's deliberative process like this. The Supreme Court is not supposed to be engaged in politics like this, and public opinion should never change the court's ruling.

This is a naked attempt to put pressure on the Court ahead of a release of the opinion.

My guess is some woke little clerk in one of the lefty Justices' offices leaked it.

·
NRA Certified Instructor
6,001 Posts
My guess is some woke little clerk in one of the lefty Justices' offices leaked it.
How do we know it was some woke little lefty clerk? It could have been some lefty justice just as well. Especially one soon to retire.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
On the one hand, this clearly political manipulation. On the other, I think it's hilarious, those 9 idiots need to be humbled from time to time and have their ivory tower cut down a bit. This whole "untouchable" or "special insight" near deification of the "supreme" "court" is garbage.

·
Super Moderator
71,543 Posts
On the one hand, this clearly political manipulation. On the other, I think it's hilarious, those 9 idiots need to be humbled from time to time and have their ivory tower cut down a bit. This whole "untouchable" or "special insight" near deification of the "supreme" "court" is garbage.
I think the concern is politicization of the court. It is by definition not a political branch. Somebody who leaked this memo is trying to turn the court into just another political branch.

Lobbying Justices should not result in an outcome. Either the Constitution enshrines aborting their own babies as a right women have, or it does not. Politics and personal opinions should not enter into it.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
The left has treated the Court as a political branch for a long time. They made it obvious with Bork. This leak was solely to give the rent-a-rioters time to influence the court. I'm not surprised nor disappointed. This is expected behavior from those who do not value anything but naked power.

Reactions: TimBob

·
Premium Member
10,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
NRA Certified Instructor
6,001 Posts
The last Democrat to have even the slightest respect for the constitution was J.F.K.. Not one in office today and even most of those holding any office have respect for the constitution. They do not protect it nor do they defend it. they go way out of their way to circumvent it.

Reactions: Phil1979 and TimBob

·
Super Moderator
71,543 Posts
But that is exactly the goal: to take away our rights, agency, and humanity. We will not go quietly . . .

Uh, no, Rep. Clark, they are not going "to take away" anything. They are finally issuing an opinion on this issue that actually has some reference to the actual Constitution, rather than political preference.

If you don't like the ruling, then amend the Constitution. The answer is not to pretend there is some right written somewhere in there that there clearly is not.

·
Proud GCO member.
8,363 Posts
My guess is some woke little clerk in one of the lefty Justices' offices got a check and then leaked it.
FTFY

If you don't like the ruling, then amend the Constitution. The answer is not to pretend there is some right written somewhere in there that there clearly is not.
Amen. This lesson needs to be taught to the legislature as well. I have long been in favor of having a bill you wrote found unconstitutional is grounds for immediate dismissal and being barred from holding office in the future. Think carefully before you drop a bill in the hopper.

Reactions: Phil1979 and TimBob
1 - 20 of 116 Posts