(Lazy?) CC at Monroe Wal-mart and Athens Olive Garden

Discussion in 'Places Off-Limits' started by rjinga60, Jan 15, 2011.

1. rjinga60

rjinga60 New Member

Made my 3rd outing ever today with a (lazy?) CC; I had my firearm in a pancake belt holster at 4:00 position with a sweatshirt over it. I say "(lazy?)" because my intent wasn't true concealment (no way anyone would know), but just to see how well the sweatshirt covered.

I was shopping for birthday cards and went to the Dollar Tree store. I didn't find what I wanted, and then my wife called and said she needed a couple of things from Wal-mart. I was a little nervous about going there since Wal-mart is the de facto townsquare (everyone is always there). However, I was there almost an hour without an incident.

Then I thought we were going out to dinner with my parents at the local China Garden. Oh no, they want to go to Olive Garden in Athens. Even more nervous (liberal college town where I don't even have a chance of knowing the LEOs); however, once again, no problems.

Most nervous - after the meal, I loosen my belt one notch while in the bathroom and the gun butt really started printing. Glad to get back into the car and headed home. More baby-steps for a handgun newbie. :)

2. Pandashire

Pandashire New Member

Any of those places off-limits?

3. rjinga60

rjinga60 New Member

I don't think so. I didn't see any (meaningless) "no guns" signs.

4. harleymason

harleymason New Member

Athens isn't as bad as you think. I open carry around here all the time. Walmart, Kroger, Publix. Haven't had a problem yet. If you act nervous about carrying, then people are going to think you're not supposed to be carrying. Keep up the good work, it gets easier.

5. stewharr

stewharr New Member

I was at the same shopping center this afternoon. Not Walmart but the dollar tree shopping center. Was visiting one of the other shops. Then went to gamestop in athens I cc in the Monroe Walmart all the time. I normally cc a glock 30 in a comptac ctac iwb holster.

6. rjinga60

rjinga60 New Member

Cool!

7. gruntpain1775

gruntpain1775 New Member

You should conceal it better. You permit only allows CC, plus criminals target people with guns first.

8. rjinga60

rjinga60 New Member

What? Are you saying a person can't OC with a GWCL?

9. rainmaker

rainmaker Member

:?: :?: :?: :?:

10. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

Sarcasm people, sarcasm.

11. Quest50

Quest50 Active Member

The only kind of CC i do is lazy CC. There are times with a good inch of the barrel portion of my OWB holster is sticking out of my hoodie and I print pretty badly on occasion. That said, i've been carrying since November, and have yet to have anyone say a word to me about it or give me the stink eye. People don't notice what they aren't looking for... Either that or they do notice and don't do anything about it. *shrug* Either way works for me.

12. goldshellback

goldshellback New Member

Since it's gotten 'cooler' a sweatshirt is my most common shirt when out-n-about. I'll wear my K&D holster under it and, although the bottom might 'peek out' from time to time, it ain't noticed. Now, I wear a CompTac paddle too and that holster isn't nearly as 'consealable' as my custom leather, but no big deal either. Really, most of my 'concealed' carrying could be considered 'lazy'.

Your doing just fine :righton:

13. ARMT Guy

ARMT Guy Ordinary Average Guy

I prefer 'casual' rather than 'lazy'. :wink:

You're doing alright. Just keep going and the nervous feeling will go away. :)

14. gruntpain1775

gruntpain1775 New Member

:mrgreen:

15. BSCLibertarian

BSCLibertarian I'm kind of a big deal

Oh, I thought maybe he was a LEO.... :shattered: :hide: (kidding, just kidding