Georgiapacking.org banner

21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
it's a whole differant story from when i read it this arternoon.

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
Forget the AJC. I want to know how we can show what an :censored: the mayor of kennesaw is.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Boortz mentioned our victory.

Boortz talked about our victory, criticized Mayor Church, and challenged him to find one instance where a licensed carrier has went into a city park and shot a kid.

Sadly, no mention of GeorgiaCarry.org. I had sent him an e-mail talking about our group earlier, so perhaps we'll get a nod from him in the future.

·
Registered
6,127 Posts
Re: Boortz mentioned our victory.

M249 said:
Boortz talked about our victory, criticized Mayor Church, and challenged him to find one instance where a licensed carrier has went into a city park and shot a kid.

Sadly, no mention of GeorgiaCarry.org. I had sent him an e-mail talking about our group earlier, so perhaps we'll get a nod from him in the future.
Great idea, M249......that's exactly what we need.

·
68,080 Posts
Re: Boortz mentioned our victory.

M249 said:

Excellent. Had I known it was a topic, I would have called in.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
It was during the Information Overload Hour and about 15 minutes before he signed off for the day.

Friday is a free for all day, so you could call in and bring up Kennessaw and all of the other great things GeorgiaCarry.org is doing.

·
Registered
5,798 Posts
M249 said:
It was during the Information Overload Hour and about 15 minutes before he signed off for the day.

Friday is a free for all day, so you could call in and bring up Kennessaw and all of the other great things GeorgiaCarry.org is doing.
do it!

I'll listen in!

·
Registered
248 Posts
After watching the treatment CBS46 gave the Kennesaw story last night, I sent them the following e-mail:
As a long-time viewer of your news program, I am very disappointed in the misleading wording you used in your 8/21/07 11:00PM story on the repeal of the firearms ban in Kennesaw city parks.

First, they did not "pass a law," they repealed an ordinance.

The term "gun lovers" is both inaccurate and derogatory.

"Just about anyone" and "Anyone with a legally owned gun" is incorrect, misleading and not reporting the facts.

The only people allowed to bring firearms into the parks are the same people allowed to bring firearms into McDonalds, Home Depot, banks and on public streets. Those people are citizens carrying a Georgia Firearms License.

Before being issued a GFL, the applicant must pass a GBI background check, be fingerprinted, and clear a medical background check.

Not everyone with a "legally owned gun" possesses a GFL. Not everyone who choses to protect himself and his family is a "gun lover." Only about 2 percent of qualified citizens choose to obtain a GFL.

When you exclude felons, immigrants, minors and people who do not qualify to hold a GFL, the percentage of people allowed to carry a firearm in Kennesaw parks is nowhere near "just about anyone."

Finally, the reference to the sound of gunshots in the park was not only inflammatory, it bordered on yellow journalism.

Mr. Erbach, I hold the news team at CBS46 to a higher standard than this.
I received the following response today:

Thanks for your note.

I agree with you 100%. I watched the story last night and had the same reaction and thoughts. I will meet with the reporter and the executive producer when they arrive this afternoon. I appreciate the time you took to write. I can learn a lot from our viewers.

I hope you will keep watching.
Maybe the media is getting the idea.

·
68,080 Posts
Thanks for your note.

I agree with you 100%. I watched the story last night and had the same reaction and thoughts. I will meet with the reporter and the executive producer when they arrive this afternoon. I appreciate the time you took to write. I can learn a lot from our viewers.

I hope you will keep watching.
Wow.

·
Registered
760 Posts
That's a way better response than what I suspected you would have gotten. Now to see what he says is for real or BS.

·
Registered
6,127 Posts
The optimist in me wants to believe the reply to be a genuine effort by a truly objective editor.

The pessimist in me wants to believe that his reply is meant to squelch your concerns while keeping you as a loyal customer.

The realist in me is hoping that it's not just a boilerplate electronic response to any incoming email.

:lol: :cry: :oops:

·
68,080 Posts
Bulldawg182 said:
The realist in me is hoping that it's not just a boilerplate electronic response to any incoming email.
:lol: No way!

·
68,080 Posts
I guess it could fit even if you were complimenting them on a job well done! :lol:

·
Registered
6,127 Posts
1911packer,

Could you please post his title and email address here so I and others can send something as well?

PS: 1911packer??? Does that mean you worked in a meat processing plant about 96 years ago? Or, that you played football a long, long time ago when Brett Farve was a rookie? :lol: :cheers: :rotfl2:

·
Registered
248 Posts
Bulldawg182 said:
1911packer,

Could you please post his title and email address here so I and others can send something as well?

PS: 1911packer??? Does that mean you worked in a meat processing plant about 104 years ago? Or, that you played football a long, long time ago when Brett Farve was a rookie? :lol: :cheers: :rotfl2:
I feel like I spilled enough beans by posting the response. If you want to e-mail them, look at the "contact us" link on their Web site. Not trying to be a pain...

I wish I could post a clever response about my name, but this is probably a family-friendly board. :wink:

·
68,080 Posts
Bulldawg182 said:
PS: 1911packer??? Does that mean you worked in a meat processing plant about 104 years ago?
UGA is not well known for its mathematics department.

21 - 40 of 58 Posts