Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,999 Posts
With the faculty and students disarmed and police at least minutes away, Harper said that has created "defense-free zones".
"Defense-free zone". Much more truthful and accurate than "Gun-free zone".
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,195 Posts
AV8R said:
Certain training...
It appears that the "certain training" is no more than their standard permit required training...

Not everyone would be eligible. Harper's legislation would limit the right to those who have obtained a state-issued permit to carry a concealed weapon.

That permit, which requires a background check and training, is no longer required for individuals to have weapons beneath a jacket or in a purse. But there are special privileges for those who do go through the permit process, such as being able to carry that weapon into a bar or a restaurant where alcoholic beverages are served.
Not saying that I advocate mandatory training, but it's a good place to start at any rate...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,568 Posts
Hmm... I didn't realize AZ had a tiered system now...
 

·
My Name is Inigo Montoya
Joined
·
4,025 Posts
commodore_dude said:
Hmm... I didn't realize AZ had a tiered system now...
its similar to alaska's...Constitutional Carry for instate, permit for Reciprocity.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
264 Posts
BG_Atl said:
AV8R said:
Certain training...
It appears that the "certain training" is no more than their standard permit required training...

Not everyone would be eligible. Harper's legislation would limit the right to those who have obtained a state-issued permit to carry a concealed weapon.

That permit, which requires a background check and training, is no longer required for individuals to have weapons beneath a jacket or in a purse. But there are special privileges for those who do go through the permit process, such as being able to carry that weapon into a bar or a restaurant where alcoholic beverages are served.
Not saying that I advocate mandatory training, but it's a good place to start at any rate...
You better take that statement back or the "No Training Nazis" here will cane whip you and brow beat you to death. Take it back, hurry before someone sees it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,568 Posts
rabbivj said:
commodore_dude said:
Hmm... I didn't realize AZ had a tiered system now...
its similar to alaska's...Constitutional Carry for instate, permit for Reciprocity.
I got that part, but it sounds like permit holders get to carry in more places?
 

·
Junior Butt Warmer
Joined
·
46,427 Posts
commodore_dude said:
rabbivj said:
[quote="commodore_dude":10nl5vlh]Hmm... I didn't realize AZ had a tiered system now...
its similar to alaska's...Constitutional Carry for instate, permit for Reciprocity.
I got that part, but it sounds like permit holders get to carry in more places?[/quote:10nl5vlh]
Wouldn't that be "permitless carry" rather than "Constitutional carry" since the right is infringed upon by designating off-limits locations?
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top