Laser sights for Glocks

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by ntech, Jun 15, 2007.

1. ntech

ntech Member

I am interested in purchasing an internal laser sight for my glock 22. I am currently researching the lasermax internal laser. Is it any good? Does anybody have any experience with that particular brand? Are there any other companies that offer internal laser sighting systems? Is the internal laser prone to problems? Should I get an external laser instead?

2. GunNut

GunNut New Member

I have 3 of the lasermax lasers (all on glocks), other than costing a little more, I haven't seen any downside. I love the fact that they are internal.

I am not aware of any other company making internal lasers.

3. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

For some strange reason, I want a laser for my AR15. I was playing online and found a fore grip with a Crimson Trace laser grip on it. If I only had $450 laying around and nothing better to waste it on I would get it.

4. ntech

ntech Member

How long have you owned the lasers? How good is their warranty? Do you think the replacement spring and guide rod are as good as the original glock factory part?

5. GunNut

GunNut New Member

The oldest one is about 4 years old, still on original batteries. Don't use it much though, usually shoot at the range with it off.

I haven't had any problems with any of them, never seen anything to think it is lesser quality than the factory guide rod/spring.

6. wsweeks2

wsweeks2 New Member

I had a Lasermax on a Sig 229 that I owned while back in Maryland and I loved it. Had it for about 2 years and never had any problems with it. I've thought about getting another one but I'd rather put the money towards another gun at this point. If you have the money and really want one, I would go for the Lasermax though.

7. Blackadder

Blackadder New Member

I like a little stiffer recoil spring than Lasermax offers, and they will not put anything stronger than an 18# spring on their units (I called and asked). I'm just not comfortable shooting hot 10mm and 357SIG loads without at least a 22lb. spring, so the idea of an 18# spring wrapped around a $300 laser is very unappealing.

I had one on my G36 and it worked well, but I believe Crimson Trace is a much better product. The "strobe" effect is not a plus for me and Crimson Trace is far brighter than the Lasermax. The only drawback to CTC grips is they will not work with a thumbreak holster.